Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Thursday, May 08, 2008

    Not Worth 23 Cents to Me

    No, I won't be lining up for a 23 cent pizza.   I bet they charge extra for the garlic dipping sauce -- which is the only way I could eat it anyway.
     
    You can make just about anything taste good if you pour enough garlic flavored grease on it.
     
    Last time I ate Papa John's pizza, I woke up in the middle of the night and, to put it delicately, I was in distress. 
     
    Now, that might make for an amusing t-shirt. 

    Comments on "Not Worth 23 Cents to Me"

     

    Blogger Kat said ... (1:51 PM, May 08, 2008) : 

    We thought about it... but then Shelle passed Papa Johns. The line was over a block long, and police had to direct traffic. It tool her awhile just to get by the place... But we ARE in PARMA!


    No pizza for me. Uhm, I will probably try later! Ha ha

     

    Blogger Kathleen said ... (2:16 PM, May 08, 2008) : 

    There is a certain day in early September, the Chipotle on campus gives away free burritos. You should see that line!

     

    Blogger Audient said ... (4:26 PM, May 08, 2008) : 

    I'd be all about a free burrito from Chipotle. I'd bring a book and get in line for that, maybe.

    Cleveland.com reports that some PJ locations are running out of pizza. I'm waiting to see if anyone burns down a pizzeria after waiting in line for 90 minutes and then getting turned away.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:54 PM, May 08, 2008) : 

    Yeah, that garlic grease is really the best part of that chain's pizza!

    Aren't we the #1 pizza city in the nation coupled with top ten poorest? No wonder we're seeing lines.

     

    Blogger derek said ... (10:49 PM, May 08, 2008) : 

    True...it was sad to see people waiting in line for that tripe. As the post on BFD can attest, there are many tastier local options.

     

    Blogger Audient said ... (7:08 AM, May 09, 2008) : 

    I drove by the University Heights Papa John's last night around 8pm, and there was still a very long line snaking through the parking lot.

     

    Blogger Christine said ... (9:09 AM, May 09, 2008) : 

    I wonder if 23-cent pizza day had a positive effect on other pizza places. I heard numerous people yesterday say things like, "No way I'm going to stand in line -- I'm just going over to [insert other pizza place name here] and pay full price and be out in 5 minutes." I mean, not all of these people could possibly have woken up intending to get a pizza that night....

    I ended up just making a pizza from scratch. Taking into account the time spent kneading dough and waiting for dough to rise, start to finish, the process was 1 hour and 10 minutes.

     

    Blogger Mr. Bebout said ... (10:21 AM, May 09, 2008) : 

    I think free is only a bargin if it is something you would pay for. I would not buy their pizza under normal circumstance and would not wait in a a line out the door for one and I certainly would not fight with cops for one.

     

    post a comment