Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Friday, May 09, 2008

    I Made The Daily Dish!

    Andrew Sullivan's The Daily Dish was the first blog I ever read with regularity, and I still read it every day.
     
    One of the more unusual features of his blog is that he does not allow for comments.  Instead, if you have a comment, you can email him, and if your comment intrigues him, he might post it himself.  He doesn't publish names, just comments.
     
    So, yesterday Andrew wrote about he could never run for president, not just because he wasn't born here, but because he had just ordered three petite vanilla scones at Starbucks, and as such, "If that doesn't make [him] an elite snooty pansy-ass un-American commie terrorist-lover, what would?"
     
    I know exactly the scones he means.  I've had my eye on those little scones for the last two weeks.  Every time I walk into Starbucks, there they are.  I think about them, and I pass on them, every time.
     
    So, I was inspired to email him a comment, and he put it up, along with two others:  Mine is (obviously) the last of the three:
     

    Petite Vanilla Scones

    08 May 2008 08:05 pm

    Man, they're good. A reader writes:

    I have to say, as an upper-middle class liberal who has been known to enjoy the occasional latte or, even worse, cafe au lait, I'm a little sick of the abuse.  No, I don't watch NASCAR.  No, I am not a soccer mom/dad.  I just like my damn coffee with milk in it.  Is that so wrong?  Yes, my morning is made a little brighter by having some nice barista at the local coffee shop make that coffee for me.  I'm sorry that this makes me hate America.  But if you think I'm out of touch now, just try me WITHOUT my coffee.

    Another:

    I don't know if it makes you an elite snooty pansy-ass un-American commie terrorist-lover, but three vanilla petite scones?  Totally gay.

    Not that there's anything wrong that. And another:

    I was born in Erie, Pennsylvania, and I live in Cleveland, Ohio. Most of my family is blue collar, my dad was the president of his local union.

    Every time I go to Starbucks, I've had my eye on those damn petite vanilla scones.  Please, how were they?  My elite snooty pansy-ass Obama-lovin' side of me wants to know.  The blue collar roots in me noticed there was a price break on three.

    They're totally awesome: moist, sweet, crusty, the best pastry Starbucks has come up with. And I include the toffee almond bar.

     
     
     
    Alright, my dad was president of his local teachers union, but still. 

    Comments on "I Made The Daily Dish!"

     

    Anonymous bionurse, da union goon said ... (7:47 AM, May 09, 2008) : 

    Very nice!I'd like a vanilla scone right now.

     

    Blogger Gina Ventre said ... (8:46 AM, May 09, 2008) : 

    i'm not usually a fan of starbucks pastry (i wrote pasty first and i'm not a fan of starbucks pasties either) but i'll have to try this one

    a writing dream fulfilled, babe.

     

    Anonymous Evil John said ... (9:41 AM, May 10, 2008) : 

    Did you catch O'Reilly yesterday? He went on and on about the "Scone Agenda" and "America's War on Donuts."

    Wanker.

     

    post a comment