Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Thursday, April 10, 2008

    Taking License

    My ongoing lie to the government: my weight, as I have represented it to the Ohio BMV.  That lie appears on my drivers license.  It is the smoking gun document.
     
    That isn't to say I didn't once weigh that much -- or that little.  But it has been awhile.  Not that long awhile.  That was my weight at one time this century, I did weigh that little.
     
    But that was my pre-9/11 weight.
     
    I've let the carbohydrates win.  And while I cannot lose all that weight just overnight, a planned withdrawal makes sense. 
     
    Got to be as careful about losing the weight as I was careless about putting it on. 
     
    I could implement a timetable, but then the cravings for carbs and fat will just wait me out. 
     
    I could implement benchmarks, but when I don't meet them, I'll just pretend there weren't any.  
     
    All that food I ate, was it in vain?  Was it all consumed for nothing, just to go on a diet?  
     
    I suppose I could just end this thing by cutting off funding to the grocery store, the restaurant, the bar.  That seems so ... extreme.  And it doesn't support the calories and nutrients that I do need.  
     
    Maybe I need a surge of food.  If I binge on all the things I shouldn't eat, I'll be so sick of them I won't want to eat them anymore -- and that'll give me cover to lose the weight.
     
    I don't have a hundred years to do this.  It needs to be done now.  Or soon.  It can't all be done with 60 days, but I can start drawing down within that time.  

    Comments on "Taking License"

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:02 PM, April 10, 2008) : 

    Yeah, I tried that "binging on all the foods I shouldn't have, in hopes that I will get sick of them." The answer: nope. I enjoyed every minute of my binges, and I'm going back for more. And it shows.

    Chris

     

    Blogger Audient said ... (12:03 PM, April 10, 2008) : 

    Exactly. Whether you call the surge a success or not, the result is the same. Still there. The weight.

     

    Blogger Mr. Bebout said ... (12:43 PM, April 10, 2008) : 

    You should eat what you want when you want it. Perhaps a smaller portion than what you think you want and mix in a veggie now and again and you should be fine. Also start moving more. You'll be fine.
    As far as the gov. goes, since they don't have a scale on site they can't expect an accurate weight. Also the lic. is good for several years and weight goes up and down. I think they should shit can the weight all together b/c is not a continually verifiable figure.

     

    Blogger Gina Ventre said ... (12:49 PM, April 10, 2008) : 

    well played, audient. well played.

     

    Anonymous Evil John Friedman said ... (1:06 PM, April 10, 2008) : 

    Very good!

    Remember - the next 6 months of your diet are the most important.

     

    Anonymous bionurse said ... (7:56 AM, April 11, 2008) : 

    Ahhhhh, very nice. My weight loss will begin after finals...I'm planning a "Biggest Loser" week to kick off my anti-surge of calories. Wish I had a personal trainer or commander in chief of calories...someone tall, dark and skinny would do just fine.
    "Was it all in vain", no sadly it's all in VEIN, er, well actually arteries.

     

    post a comment