Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Wednesday, April 23, 2008

    Fun with Google Maps Street View

    Google Maps has vans crawling all over various municipalities taking panoramic photographs of city streets. I remember showing this feature to Gina a few months ago to show her what certain hotels looked like in New York City.

    Recently, Google Maps has uploaded Street View for many of the streets in and around Cleveland. My street isn't on there, but several of the streets where I used to live are. Most streets within the city of Cleveland proper are on there. Yeah, I already depressed myself looking at boarded up homes in various neighborhoods.

    Anyway, faces and license plates and things like that are generally blurred, or at least out of focus. Still, even if my face could not be seen, I wouldn't want to be one of these two people hanging out in front of the adult book store on West 25th Street. Even with a face out of focus, maybe someone would recognize my coat, or my general body shape.

    Comments on "Fun with Google Maps Street View"

     

    Anonymous Evil John said ... (1:37 PM, April 23, 2008) : 

    Sue them over the possibility that someone might think one of them is you? (Damage: I'm less likely to buy your house, perv.)

    See if you can make a Google lawyer splutter with frustration and disgust. I imagine they're getting close.

     

    post a comment