Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Monday, April 07, 2008

    Fake Plastic Commute

    I have often justified the ownership of a second car as a substitute for therapy; money that would be saved by selling the convertible would then be spent on Prozac and weekly sessions. A top down ride in the morning puts a smile on my face even when I am driving to work.

    Top down, I stopped at Phoenix on Coventry for my morning cup of inspiration -- usually it is just a large light roast. When I walked in, Radiohead's Fake Plastic Trees was playing. It is a great song, and it both makes me think of Gina and makes me sad at the same time.

    Coffee in hand, back in the car -- I selected Fake Plastic Trees on the iPod.

    I have to tell you -- the joy of the morning top down ride was offset by the song. I then played a little Soggy Bottom Boys to try to counter the effects of morning Radiohead. It helped, but it wasn't quite enough, though normally that would do it. Always got a kick out of George Clooney lip-synching those words...

    I am a man of constant sorrow,
    I've seen trouble all my day...

    Comments on "Fake Plastic Commute"

     

    Blogger Gina Ventre said ... (5:46 PM, April 07, 2008) : 

    i had radiohead on the iPod on my bus ride home. it made me sad too.

    i'm looking forward to convertible rides through the metroparks. remember that?

     

    Blogger Audient said ... (6:24 AM, April 08, 2008) : 

    I do remember that. very much. remember the sun burn?

     

    Blogger Gina Ventre said ... (8:29 AM, April 08, 2008) : 

    uh yea. i think you felt me up in order to point out the sunburn.

     

    Anonymous bionurse said ... (1:00 PM, April 08, 2008) : 

    As a newcomer to the world of convertibles, I absolutely agree. But since I usually go to work in dark this time of the year, I cherish the ride home in the afternoon...it's cleansing.
    Thank you for being my ragtop inspiration.

     

    Blogger Audient said ... (2:29 PM, April 08, 2008) : 

    I love a top down ride in the dark, especially if the stars are out.

    No sun, but that's why they make heated seats.

     

    Anonymous bionurse said ... (9:35 AM, April 09, 2008) : 

    Yes, the dark is great, but it's chilly....yet the heated seats and air foil keep the comparment cozy.
    I haven't had a cold all winter and I'm hoping my "streak" continues.

     

    post a comment