Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Tuesday, April 29, 2008

    Call Me Renfield

    I just had to rescue the office from a bat -- or vice versa.  He flew into PK's office and sat down on the windowsill.  I took a small trash can and covered him with it.  I then took a legal sized file folder and slid it underneath.  I could hear him rustling around inside. 
     
    I carefully flipped the can and walked to the elevator.  I did NOT tell the two women in the elevator what was in the can UNTIL we got down to the lobby.  One woman ran the other way, and the other followed me outside to see him.  
    Outside in the valet area, I walked over to the empty designated smoking area.  I gently tipped the can in a nearby flowerbed, and the bat slid into the mulch.  He sat there for a few seconds, seemingly confused.  He was a cute little guy, like a mouse with wings.   Then he took off, and flew in a couple of circles overhead before flying away.  His wingspan was maybe eight inches.  The woman who followed me out was ducking and laughing.
     
    I returned to the office... As a fly fisherman himself, PK was impressed by my calm and efficient catch and release.

    Comments on "Call Me Renfield"

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:04 AM, April 30, 2008) : 

    Nicely done...a celebration of living "green". No need to kill the insect eating bugger...turn him lose to eat those pesky bugs.

     

    Blogger Gina Ventre said ... (8:50 AM, April 30, 2008) : 

    if I find you standing at a barred window, capturing flies for your evening meal because a certain ship is coming in without a crew, i will call dr. seward.

     

    Blogger Mr. Bebout said ... (11:34 AM, April 30, 2008) : 

    You should have just grabbed him bare handed and put him in your pocket for use at a later date.
    Perhaps he would have made great theatre at your next court hearing.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:36 PM, April 30, 2008) : 

    you are a man of many talents!

    KK said it.

     

    Blogger Kate Anne said ... (1:54 PM, May 01, 2008) : 

    Good on you, Audient! Quite a little tale! One more reason to be proud of you!

     

    post a comment