Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Tuesday, January 15, 2008

    Jo-Ann to Close at City View

    Jo-Ann to close at City View, less then two years after opening.
     
    This commenter beat me to the punch, as this was the first thought that crossed my mind too:
     
    "I wonder if the fact that city view sits on a toxic waste dump have anything to do with Jo-Ann's pull out."
    Of course they would never state that.  But I can't believe it didn't play a factor.  I won't shop over there, and I certainly wouldn't work over there.

    Comments on "Jo-Ann to Close at City View"

     

    Blogger Kristen said ... (11:07 AM, January 16, 2008) : 

    But there's a Jo-Ann at Cedar Center, why would you go to Garfield Heights? Am I missing something?

     

    Blogger Audient said ... (1:51 PM, January 16, 2008) : 

    There is other shopping there besides a Jo-Ann. And there is a Jo-Ann right by me where I have shopped.

    However, I don't shop only in my own neighborhood. Just last night, I went to the Best Buy at Steelyard Commons -- the place was so empty, I played Guitar Hero for the first time ever -- played till my hand hurt. No one else was around.

    I did go to the Circuit City at City View once. But after I learned about all the environmental problems associated with the site, I decided I would not shop or eat over there.

    Of course, Steelyard Commons is probably not all that clean either -- although Home Depot did build down there, and they declined to build at City View after they conducted their own environmental tests of the site.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:31 PM, January 18, 2008) : 

    Any place that has containers to collect excreting greenish liquid into crushproof containers while driving by, is not my hangout.

     

    post a comment