Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Friday, January 04, 2008

    Adios Luchita's on the Square

    Giovanna brought to my attention the Plain Dealer's report of the closing of Luchita's on the Square.

    I am sad to see it go.  I used to live at Shaker Square and I enjoyed Luchita's very much then.  Indeed, when I lived on the west side before that, I enjoyed the original Luchita's on West 117th.  Luchita's has some of the best salsa I've ever had, and I've had quite a bit (of their salsa, and others).
     
    As for Luchita's on the Square -- when I lived at the square, I'd routinely see Jane Campbell holding court at Luchita's.  The day of my dissolution hearing back in 2001, I went to that Luchita's and drank margaritas.  A lot of them.  Andy met me there, and the two of us just knocked them back till we were silly and then stupid.  We went back to my apartment and passed out on the couches.  That's right -- on the night of my divorce, I got drunk with a gay man and took him home with me.  I didn't score though.
     
    In more recent times, Gina and I ate there together on one of our first dates.  Not the very first date, but one of the first.  Niko's in Lakewood was also among the first, and that restaurant has closed too.  Funny that.
     
    I'll admit, we didn't go ot Luchita's on the Square that often.  Don Tequila's in University Heights is closer and cheaper.  Gina prefers Mi Pueblo to Luchita's, and we were more apt to end up at Mi Pueblo by Case than Luchita's on the Square.  Still, I would stop by Luchita's to buy chips and salsa to go, especially if I was having people over. 
     
    Adios, Luchita's on the Square.  Guess I'll have to visit your west side and Mentor locations for my salsa fix now. 

    Comments on "Adios Luchita's on the Square"

     

    Blogger Kathleen said ... (2:24 PM, January 04, 2008) : 

    I ate at Luchita's once and didn't like it so much. Like Gina, I refer Mi Pueblo.

     

    Blogger Kat said ... (8:06 PM, January 06, 2008) : 

    My first night back in Ohio after the big move, you took me to Luchitas.... we drank a pitcher of magaritas!!! I was definately tipsy! I didn't care for the food too much, but I had a good time.

     

    Blogger Mr. Bebout said ... (9:32 AM, January 07, 2008) : 

    The Mrs and I ate there several times when we were hipsters. We saw local TV news personalitied there on several ocassions and it made us feel like we were in the in crowd. When I worked just off the square I would lunch there once a week.
    We have not gone in years, which may be the reason the are closing. I don't really like Mexican food, but the chicken chimichanga was quite good as was the sangria. I am sure somewhere else has it too and will look for it there

     

    post a comment