Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Friday, December 14, 2007

    Things That Make Me Sad



    -- Rainy days don't necessarily make me sad. The washing away of that top layer of city grime is usually refreshing. But the city is suitably gray, and I don't distinguish the fog through the window as it blurs into the fog in my head.

    -- Admiring the beautiful suit on the back of a stranger, before I knew he was a defendant about to be sentenced to prison.



    -- Dirty wet Santa, caught in the rain, shilling for a plumbing company, jaywalking across an empty downtown street.

    -- Knowing that no matter what I do for her, I cannot give her the one thing she needs most of all: for things to be simply as they were before. It is out of my control and power. I cannot give her what she needs the most. No amount of effort on my part has allowed her again just to hear the world as it is. I know what it means to her. I know how it has changed her life.

    Comments on "Things That Make Me Sad"

     

    Blogger Gina Ventre said ... (11:55 AM, December 14, 2007) : 

    well. i was due for my noon time cry and recovery while watching food network.

     

    Blogger Mr. Bebout said ... (12:25 PM, December 14, 2007) : 

    Me too and I am at work. Damn you and your sad prose.

     

    Blogger Kate Anne said ... (7:31 PM, December 17, 2007) : 

    Hugs to both of you.

     

    post a comment