Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Friday, November 16, 2007

    Someone In a Tree

    It's the fragment, not the day.
    It's the pebble, not the stream.
    It's the ripple, not the sea
    That is happening.

    -- Stephen Sondheim, Pacific Overtures

    Comments on "Someone In a Tree"

     

    Anonymous bionurse said ... (7:28 AM, November 24, 2007) : 

    I still listen to this music. I'm glad you haven't forgotten it. Your mother and I and Uncle David were among the relatively few who experienced this on Broadway before its short life eneded. Maybe that's part of the reason I'm still attached to it...that and Sondheim has said more than once he thinks it was some of his best work ever. Its sort of selfish...like my little secret that only a few other people know about on the entire planet. Thats silly of course, but my delusion works because its so comforting.

     

    Blogger Kate Anne said ... (11:01 AM, November 24, 2007) : 

    Hmmmmm. I was happy to see that you were meditating on that little snippet too. (Interesting comment, MJ.)

     

    post a comment