Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Tuesday, October 09, 2007

    Tuesday Talkback

    No talkback today, as the PD did not upload this week's Monday Moaning. I did read the moans in the print edition yesterday, but whenever they don't upload that feature, I refuse to retype those wretched moans.

    Instead, let's cheer that our Indians beat the Yankees last night, winning the series and advancing to the ALCS versus Boston on Friday night. I'm glad we could get it done without CC having to return to the mound, because now they are set up to start CC in game one against Boston.

    Other tidbits...

    I purchased my very first Ohio State tshirt over the weekend. I never felt much of a connection to OSU, but now that Gina is in a graduate program there, that has changed somewhat.

    We tried the Taj Mahal restaurant on High Street over the weekend, and we liked it very much. I am a fan of Cafe Tandoor here in the Heights, and Taj Mahal was at least as good as that, maybe even better.

    I was disappointed to learn that West's power on Heroes was the same power as one we've already seen. I didn't mind that the 16th century hero had a power that was duplicative, because we could surmise that maybe he was an ancestor. But the other thing that surprised me was that Noah Bennett would move his family into hiding in a place in California where another young hero had powers -- granted, they accounted for it by saying that when he got the implant in his neck it was when he was living in St. Louis, but I thought those implants were part of a system to help The Company monitor where everybody is. Wouldn't he have known that West and his family moved? But as for the duplication of powers, to me it takes away from the uniqueness of the various characters. Or maybe we will learn later that West is somehow related to the Petrelli family, and he and Claire are actually cousins. Nice work pitting Claire against Noah again though.

    My TiVo is crammed full of seven installments of The War. Each is 2.5 hours long. I think I will have to give up on the idea that I am going to watch it any time soon, as it is taking up a lot of space. Also, I am recording and not watching The Bionic Woman and Cane, and these are starting to build up too. I recorded last week's Back to You and did not watch it.

    I did watch 30 Rock with Gina, and she was right in pointing out that the least funny parts of the show actually involved Jerry Seinfeld -- especially the final scene where he and Alec Baldwin work out the deal for Seinfeld Vision. Although I did like the scene where Tina Fey was crying and delivering her lines in Seinfeld style and Jerry accused her of making fun of him. Of course, Julia Louis-Dreyfus would often deliver her lines in that same style, and it did feel like a Jerry and Elaine moment to me. Other than the parts with Seinfeld, the rest of the show was, again, comedy gold. I especially liked the voiceover/chorus introducing "Seinfeld Vision" -- it felt very Arrested Development.

    Porcupine Tree is coming back to town on October 22, and I am looking forward to that. I have the new EP Nil Recurring, and I understand that it will be well represented in the set list.

    Labels:

    Comments on "Tuesday Talkback"

     

    Blogger Joe said ... (10:57 AM, October 09, 2007) : 

    It was so great beating the Yankees! You can't grow up here and not hate them. (yes Lebron--I am not a frontrunner).

    Can't wait for the PT show! I will have to look for the EP.

     

    Blogger Brian Kornell said ... (11:01 AM, October 09, 2007) : 

    You're right. Seinfeld was the least funny thing about that episode. The regular cast is funny enough that he really wasn't necessary. The stuff with Liz's dress was far funnier.

    I'm already losing interest in Heroes. It's been really boring.

     

    Blogger anne said ... (11:35 AM, October 09, 2007) : 

    Can we just talk about how irritating it is that even after we TRAMPLED the Yankees, everyone is still talking like they had some bad Mexican food and therefore it was just a fluke they lost?

    At least the announcers last night did admit that Carmona's pitching in game two was "filthy! Just filthy!" hee-hee! loved that.

    Is anyone else a little giddy that the Indians are partially responsible for what will be a dismantling of the Yankees organization?

     

    Blogger melcarrel said ... (12:19 PM, October 09, 2007) : 

    Oh my gosh, Anne is so right! I can't wait to see what the "best team money can buy" does with their money to restructure!!!

    We too have recorded all of "The War" without room in our schedules to actually watch it. Maybe we could do a marathon party or something. Although, it's just not the same as a "Seinfeld party" or "Monty Python Party". Somehow not the same type of banter during the viewing.

     

    Blogger Gina Ventre said ... (4:17 PM, October 09, 2007) : 

    Seinfeld has always sucked in my book. I was morbidly curious about how he would suck on 30 Rock so I made sure I watched. He takes the oxygen out of any room. Kinda like me lecturing about underlying assumptions, finding similarities in difference and difference in similarities, and uncovering assumed binaries.

    Taj Mahal was yummy and wonderful and it was all because of my dinner date.

     

    Blogger Audient said ... (5:25 PM, October 09, 2007) : 

    I don't think I could ever feel sorry for Joe Torre, at least not about anything related to baseball. That said, I wouldn't blame him in the least if he walked, rather than even waiting to be fired. Torre has accomplished a lot with the Yankees. What was he supposed to do, go pitch instead of Wang? For Steinbrenner to say that his job is on the line based on this series, while that series was going on, was idiotic. And yeah, he's a hothead, how many times did he hire and fire Billy Martin? And yes, the Yankees have not made it back to the series since they lost it to the Marlins in 03 -- but damn, at some point Joe Torre needs to say, "you think you can do this better without me? go ahead!"

     

    Blogger Annette said ... (8:11 PM, October 09, 2007) : 

    Have you tried Reaper? It's on Tuesday nights at 9pm on the CW. If you like Kevin Smith you might dig this, it's very tongue-in-cheek. Bionic Woman is pretty good as is Journeyman.

    Damn, I need to get the PT EP, what's wrong with me?! So Flannery's before the show? Next time come after and meet Jon Wesley! :D

     

    post a comment