Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Tuesday, October 02, 2007

    Tuesday Talkback

    The moans keep coming, and I keep talking back.

    "Shut the cell towers down from 7:30 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. and 4:15 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. 9-1-1 calls only. Get off your phone, drivers. You can't drive." - Aurora

    I understand your frustration. The idiots who can't phone and drive are ruining it for those of us who can. Whenever I get stuck behind an idiot on the phone, I make sure I honk and yell enough so that not only they can hear me, but whoever they are talking to can also hear me. I'd like to think that whoever they are talking to will tell them that maybe they should hang up and drive.

    "Why do those idiots on the New York Stock Exchange applaud when the stock market is down 250 points?" - Olmsted Falls

    Probably because they sold short.

    "Shame on LeBron. The nerve of him to root for the Yankees after this town has given him so much support." - University Heights

    As I was telling my sister-in-law the other day, rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for General Motors -- with all of their resources, they have no excuse for not finishing on top every year. Any year the Yankees don't win the World Series, they suck, because they have the resources to field the best possible team every year. As for LeBron, I respect the fact that if he's been a Yankees fan his whole (short) life, that he isn't about to change that now. Indeed, if he suddenly became an Indians fan, that would be more than a little suspect. But if he's smart, he'll put the hat away for this series.

    "How the people of Hillsboro, Ore., got so upset about a flag-painted hydrant. I remember in 1976, when we were celebrating the bicentennial, my town painted every hydrant red, white and blue. Everyone is such a whiner." - Macedonia

    Yeah, um, I found the article. The concern was that dogs would pee on the hydrant, and thus, they would be peeing on the flag. Which gives me an idea. Instead of naming buildings and bridges after politicians, perhaps we can just name fire hydrants after them, and then paint their faces on the hydrants. Or maybe a politically inspired line of urinal cakes would suffice. For that matter, why stop at peeing Calvin decals for pickup trucks? Why not make urinal cakes shaped like the Ford and Chevy emblems so rednecks can pee on them? Damn, I think I might be on to something!

    "I wish AMC would please get some movies. We have seen these current ones so many times, we can recite the dialogue. And, please, no more John Wayne. I love the Duke, but enough is enough." - Euclid

    If you have seen every movie that AMC shows, perhaps it is time to find something else to do. John Wayne isn't making any more movies, pilgrim.

    "Those automobile commercials showing their cars flying down the highway. Don't you think we have enough accidents and deaths? You're not setting a good example." - Mayfield Heights

    Not everyone wants to drive a Buick. And if we didn't value speed in our cars, then we would mandate that cars contain a cutoff chip that they cannot go faster than 65 mph.

    "If no other airport in the country is run by a private security force, why would we want our airport to be the first? I don't agree with that." - Cleveland

    This is the problem with Cleveland. We can't be first at anything. I haven't decided if Mayor Jackson's plan is a good idea or not. But regardless of the merits, here is the typical Cleveland response -- no one else is doing it, so why should we be the first? Why should we innovate, or be ahead of the curve for a change? That said, I know they wanted to increase shopping at the airport, but I doubt that bringing in mall cops will really make it feel more like a mall.

    "The circus is about to come to town. Last year we took our 8-year-old grandson. We spent almost $80 for the tickets and when we got in, the noise level was so high that my grandson left after less than 20 minutes holding his ears all the way out of the arena. Is it so necessary now that loud is good? I really think the circus needs to consider that children can become deaf." - Elyria

    Wow, it was a real circus in there, wasn't it? For gawdsake, get the boy some earplugs, and while you are at it, a plaid skirt and kneesocks. And a helmet to be worn at all times.

    Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

    Comments on "Tuesday Talkback"

     

    Blogger melcarrel said ... (12:53 PM, October 02, 2007) : 

    good talkback today! I do think you are on to something with the pee thing, but it should include not only Ford or Chevy, but all auto companies. I especially like the hydrants painted with the faces. Gives them something to aim at. And we all know that aim is important.

     

    Blogger MrsTito said ... (3:56 PM, October 04, 2007) : 

    Jeremy once put a used up prepay debit card in the urinal to see if anyone would pick it up, pee and all. They did. Ask Ray!

     

    post a comment