Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Tuesday, October 02, 2007

    Obama's Speech on Foreign Policy at DePaul

    Read this speech. All of it. It is worth it.

    I have been skeptical, and kept looking for reasons and waiting for revelations to not support this man to be our president. But then I read this speech. I kept looking for something to scoff at, something to disagree with. I did not. Instead, tears welled up in my eyes.

    Despite all my cynicism, all my distrust, all my disillusionment with the process, apparently I can still be moved. My buttons can still be pushed. Words can still resonate. And I want to believe.

    I will have to read it again later and see if I still feel the same way, if it still provokes the same reaction in me.

    Am I nuts? Or do you see it and feel it too? Read it.

    Labels:

    Comments on "Obama's Speech on Foreign Policy at DePaul"

     

    Blogger Gina Ventre said ... (11:38 AM, October 03, 2007) : 

    "The Constitution is treated like a nuisance. Matters of war and peace are used as political tools to bludgeon the other side. We get subjected to endless spin to keep our troops at war, but we don't get to see the flag-draped coffins of our heroes coming home. We get secret task forces, secret budgeting, slanted intelligence, and the shameful smearing of people who speak out against the President's policies."

    Couldn't have said it better.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:57 PM, October 03, 2007) : 

    I agree wholeheartedly. It is still possible to be moved by a speech like this.

    C.

     

    Blogger Joe said ... (6:29 PM, October 03, 2007) : 

    I guess I am still cynical. You hit a certain age and action becomes more important than speeches. Let's see how many bills he introduces in the Senate and how many bill he votes for pushing his agenda between now and the election. Actions speak louder than words. A reminder to all of the candidates.

     

    Blogger melcarrel said ... (8:21 PM, October 03, 2007) : 

    I agree with Joe.

     

    post a comment