Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Tuesday, September 04, 2007

    Tuesday Talkback

    The moaners are moaning about poop, and I'm talking back.

    “The malignant person last Sunday who let their large dog defecate under the picnic tent at the new West Creek Reserve Metroparks in Parma. You should be banned from this park and you are a total slime ball.” — Parma

    I've never owned a dog, let alone a large one. And if a dog is not well trained, I don't know how much control one has over where the dog goes to do his business, but then the blame does not fall on the dog. It isn't clear to me whether this dog was leashed and was taking a dump while its owner stood next to it, or if this dog was just running free and chose the tent on its own. Either way, large dogs make large poops and if left under a picnic tent, yeah, that's pretty revolting. But the above moan is not the one that took my breath away...

    “Good grief. Give me a break. What is the matter with these mothers not wanting to use a diaper on their baby? Where do they think they are living, in a Third World country? Taking them out, letting them go on a tree lawn or by a tree. What are they gonna do, carry a pooper scooper?” — Cleveland

    I've read this one over and over, and I wonder if it is for real. And if it is, I then find myself wondering if people like this really live in the same world as me. I have never had to take care of either a large dog or a baby -- but I cannot imagine letting a baby go around without a diaper. I don't want to imagine the state of a house that has a diaperless baby soiling whatever it is lying or sitting on. Moreover, are these mothers really letting their babies poop outside? I'm at a loss -- does anyone know what this person is talking about? Is there some sort of movement that thinks that diapers are somehow harmful for the kid and it is better to let them poop under a tree? And if there is, does this moaner live next door to one of these mothers? And does the baby scratch at the door to be let out? Is this a situation where a mother is so poor she can't afford diapers?

    OK, I found this website -- and they don't seem crazy, just very optimistic. I used to think I could potty train my cat too. But I don't see anything about babies going in the treelawn.

    Labels:

    Comments on "Tuesday Talkback"

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:36 PM, September 04, 2007) : 

    There was an article about a local group of these people in the PD the other day. Sunday, I think.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:46 AM, September 05, 2007) : 

    The insanity of humans never ceases to amaze me. Holding my infant over the sink she he/she can pee/poop in it......we're reached a new low.

    C.

     

    post a comment