Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Friday, September 07, 2007

    The Ride On In

    It looks like a nice morning so I took the Saabcar and dropped the top.
     
    As I approached Coventry, I saw Mark W at the light and we chitchatted a bit about how lovely the morning was.  The light changed and I went straight instead of turning and going to the new Phoenix on Coventry.
     
    I got to Cedar Hill and decided to stop for coffee at Starbucks instead.  There was actually a spot on the side street next to Starbucks so I did not park in the bank parking lot.  I went in and got coffee -- no pastry, trying to not eat those routinely, even though I saw the maple scones under the glass.
     
    I went outside and ... a Dairyman's truck was doubleparked in the street, blocking me in.  Blocking traffic generally, in fact.  Idiot.
     
    Then Pat came along. And he got stuck in the traffic, so we chitchatted through his car window about the Rush concert, Brent's visit, how Gina is doing, etc.  The truck moved up a little and allowed Pat to get through -- but that still left me blocked in.
     
    The Dairyman's truck driver appeared.  His sporty Dairyman's ballcap gave away that he was the truck driver.  I started yelling at him to move his truck.  He yelled back at me, blaming the woman parked in front of me for taking his space.  Really?  Even if this was somehow valid, this does not mean he can just double park his truck to make a milk delivery and block me in.  I laid into him, with too large a rant of obscenities for so early in the morning.  He acted like he wanted to fight -- then he pointed at my coffee cup and told me I should quit drinking that stuff, that it will kill me.  And I said not as fast as the fat and hormone laden shit he peddles off the back of that truck.  And then I pointed at the Starbucks store and said that if it weren't for places like this to make deliveries to, you wouldn't have a job, now move your truck.   
     
    Fortunately, the woman who parallel parked behind me was able to back out, leaving me room to finally back out and then manuever around the truck.
     
    WHY would a dairy delivery be made to a Starbucks WITHOUT ITS OWN PARKING LOT at 8 in the morning anyway? 
     
    Knew I shoulda gone to Phoenix on Coventry this morning.
     
    So, in an effort to brighten my day, I rode through the cultural gardens even though it is a less direct way to work.  This then means that I have to jump on the east shoreway to finish my commute to downtown.
     
    Naturally traffic was all backed up on the east shoreway.  And right by that plant with the water intakes -- FISHKILL.  Oh, the smell.  And me, crawling along in traffic with the top down.  Ohhhhhhhh.  Steaming rotten fish.  And there were people standing over there fishing!  How can they stand it?  Even the taste of strong coffee (with any Dairyman's dairy in it) could not take the stench out of my nose.
     
    Scoreboard: Saw Mark and Pat: 2 points each.  Dairyman's truck driver: -2 points.  Fishkill: -3.  Oh, add that Gina called me while on MLK, so 2 points for that. 

    Comments on "The Ride On In"

     

    Blogger anne said ... (10:06 AM, September 07, 2007) : 

    Any morning with that much drama makes me suspicious the rest of the day will be crazy too. Keep your eyes open, man.

    That is why I do not commute farther than 10 minutes to work. I'd stroke out at least twice a week.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:44 AM, September 07, 2007) : 

    Seriously i would spew from the FISHKILL.....eeeeeeeewwwwwwwww!

     

    Blogger Kat said ... (10:58 AM, September 07, 2007) : 

    Exactly Anne! I try to keep my commute down too!

    And everyone I have talked to this morning, EVERYONE has had a crazy morning!

     

    Blogger anne said ... (11:07 AM, September 07, 2007) : 

    Not me. No dramz please! BTW, I look totally adorable today...just sayin'.

     

    post a comment