Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Monday, September 24, 2007

    Decay and Amusement, Part Two

    When I wrote about lost amusement parks earlier this month, I had no idea that Geauga Lake would be next to go.  But the ax has fallen.
     
    Cedar Fair, which owns and run Cedar Point, bought Geauga Lake from Six Flags in 2004 and restored the name "Geauga Lake."  But apart from that, I hardly saw the place marketed.  And I can't help but wonder if it wasn't Cedar Fair's plan all along, to run it for a a couple of seasons and then shut it down, citing that it isn't profitable. 
     
    Oh, they aren't shutting it down completely -- they are keeping the water park open.  And dismantling the rest of it.  Whatev.  They are shutting it down.
     
    I'll admit, I didn't go to Geauga Lake every season -- but I haven't been to Cedar Point in over 10 years, and I don't see that changing any time soon. 
     
    Is there outrage over the decision?  Or has time left it behind?  It would seem that the time for these smaller parks has come and gone.  I really want to get back to Waldameer next summer.  Of all the parks I went to as a child, that seems to be the only one left now, and I haven't gone in years and years.

    Comments on "Decay and Amusement, Part Two"

     

    post a comment