Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Tuesday, August 21, 2007

    Tuesday Talkback

    This moaner provided his own talkback. Brilliant!

    “I walked into Parkview Federal Savings Bank on Ridge Road in North Royalton to get two $100 bills broken into 10 $20 bills. The teller asked me if I had an account there and when I said no, she refused to make change for me. Naturally, I cussed at her and walked out. When did banks refuse to exchange currency? Is this a new policy of great customer service? Oops! Forgot, I wasn’t a customer. Way to go.” — Middleburg Heights

    That's right -- you weren't a customer.

    If only for the reason of avoiding counterfeit bills, why would a bank change money for just any fool who comes in off the street if he is not a customer of the bank. I have heard other people be indignant about this as well. To them I say, go to your own bank and make change. Or get the smaller bill denominations you need in the first place. ATMs don't dispense C notes. If you have them, you probably got them at your bank. And if you got them someplace else, be prepared to exchange them at your own bank.

    There are plenty of other things about banks that are moan-worthy, but this isn't one of them.

    Labels:

    Comments on "Tuesday Talkback"

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:01 PM, August 21, 2007) : 

    "Naturally, I cussed at her and walked out." Nice. Very classy.

    C.

     

    Blogger anne said ... (6:33 PM, August 21, 2007) : 

    Well, naturally. B/c naturally, the guy's a douchebag.

     

    post a comment