Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Friday, August 10, 2007

    My Ashes

    All the things that I needed
    And wasted my chances
    I have found myself wanting

    When a mother and father
    Gave me their problems
    I accepted them all

    Nothing ever expected
    I was rejected
    But I came back for more

    And my ashes drift beneath the silver sky
    Where a boy rides on a bike but never smiles

    And my ashes fall on all the things we said
    On a box of a photographs under the bed

    I will stay in my own world
    Under the covers
    I will feel safe inside

    A kiss that will burn me
    And cure me of dreaming
    I was always returning

    And my ashes find a way beyond the fog
    And return to save the child that I forgot

    And my ashes fade among the things unseen
    And a dream plays in reverse on piano keys

    And my ashes drop upon a park in Wales
    Never ending clouds of rain and distant sails

    --Steven Wilson

    Labels:

    Comments on "My Ashes"

     

    post a comment