Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Tuesday, August 28, 2007

    Fish and Marillion Reunite for One Song

    If you haven't seen Sunday night's one-off gig of Fish and Marillion reunited for the first time since 1988... watch it HERE ... and read about it HERE. Fish played a set of his own material, and Steve Rothery, Ian Mosely, Mark Kelly and Pete Trewavas joined him for the encore to play the band's first single... at the market square in Aylesbury, the city where the band was formed.

    "Market Square Heroes"

    I found smog at the end of my rainbow
    I found my thoughts shift slowly into phase
    Declared the constitution of the walkway
    I realise it's time to plan the day

    I'm a Market Square hero gathering the storms to troop

    Cause I'm a Market Square hero speeding the beat of the street pulse
    Are you following me, are you following me?
    Well suffer my pretty warriors and follow me

    I got a golden handshake that nearly broke my arm

    I left the ranks of shuffling graveyard people
    I got rust upon my hands from the padlocked factory gates
    Silent chimneys provide the silent steeples

    Cause I'm a Market Square hero gathering the storms to troop
    Cause I'm a Market Square hero speeding the beat of the street pulse
    Are you following me, are you following me?
    Well suffer my pretty children and follow me, follow me

    I am your Antichrist show me allegiance,
    Are you following me?
    I am your Antichrist pledge to me defiance,
    Are you following me?
    Suffer my pretty warriors,
    Suffer my fallen child,
    Are you following me?
    The time has come to conquer and I'll provide your end
    We march

    I give peace signs when I wage war in the disco
    I'm the warrior in the ultra violet haze
    Armed with antisocial insecurity
    I plan the path of destiny from this maze

    Cause I'm a Market Square hero gathering the storms to troop
    Cause I'm a Market Square hero speeding the beat of the street pulse
    Are you following me, are you following me?
    Well suffer my fallen angels and follow me
    I'm the Market Square hero, I'm the Market Square hero
    We are Market Square Heroes, to be Market Square Heroes

    -- Derek Dick aka Fish

    Labels: , , ,

    Comments on "Fish and Marillion Reunite for One Song"

     

    Blogger Gina Ventre said ... (3:58 PM, August 29, 2007) : 

    I'm putting my new found (actually new named. there is a name for everything) rhetorical analysis skills to work on the first couple of stanzas.

    Repetition - I, I'm, me, found, follow(ing), are, you, my,

    Strand - thoughts, planning, gathering, walkway OR speed, beat, pulse.

    Binary or Organizing Contrast - smog and rainbow, I and You, speeding and slowly

    Weak thesis statement - In this video clip, Fish is a tall, scary looking mofo

     

    Blogger Kate Anne said ... (8:52 AM, August 30, 2007) : 

    Liked Gina's analysis -- and enjoyed the video which pointed me to OTHER things. Great way to begin my day! I think I will point my iPod to Marillion today. Smiles and hugs!

     

    post a comment