Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Wednesday, July 18, 2007

    Wedding Help

    Lots of folks have been asking us what they can do to help for the upcoming wedding.
     
    Well, we've got something.
     
    We need music suggestions -- songs to put into an iTunes playlist to play following the ceremony and during the reception/barbeque.
     
    So ... fire away!  And if you happen to have any of these songs, perhaps we can borrow them?

    Comments on "Wedding Help"

     

    Blogger Kristen said ... (9:41 AM, July 18, 2007) : 

    I think Snow Patrol, Deathcab, Coheed and Cambria and what not would be nice and mellow for eating time.

    For after I know Gina would love some JT. I have mp3's of all of this stuff.

     

    Blogger Audient said ... (9:52 AM, July 18, 2007) : 

    Any particular songs though? I am going to make a playlist and let the iPod run with it. I have one Snow Patrol CD, Deathcab's Plans and Picture Book, and one Coheed (can't think of title just now -- came out about a year ago I think.)

     

    Blogger Brian Kornell said ... (10:18 AM, July 18, 2007) : 

    Feist. I like Mushaboom and 1,2,3,4. I think I have the CD with Mushaboom in the car, but I'll have to check.

    Cat Power - love and communication. I'll think of more.

     

    Blogger James said ... (11:05 AM, July 18, 2007) : 

    how about a little marillion, for those of us who like real music.

     

    Blogger Gina Ventre said ... (11:26 AM, July 18, 2007) : 

    Coldplay. The Parachutes album reminds me of meeting you.

    Aw. Romantic. Shucks.

    I do appreciate J.T. a lot. Do you have that album?

     

    Blogger Gina Ventre said ... (11:41 AM, July 18, 2007) : 

    Er, Kristen that is. I know Audient doesn't have a J.T. album. But perhaps he secretely enjoys J.T.

    Probably not.

     

    Blogger Audient said ... (12:59 PM, July 18, 2007) : 

    does anyone have a Parachutes album?

    Mushaboom -- I do not know.

    Cat Power -- heard of. Anyone have?

    J.T. -- I have nothing by him.

    Marillion -- there are a couple of tracks that might work, like Made Again, No One Can

    Most PT songs, thematically, don't work -- though I would make an argument for Drown With Me. Certainly some of the instrumentals, especially off of Metanoia.

    Speaking of instrumentals, opening of Pink Floyd's Division Bell (Cluster One?) might be good.

    Rush -- pickings are slim. Despite the emailed suggest of Anthem (ha), I'd have to say Ghost of a Chance or The Speed of Love, or Madrigal, or just sticking to the instrumentals -- like Leave That Thing Alone and The Main Monkey Business.

    Any Radiohead suggestions? I was laughing at this one site that described "Fake Plastic Trees" as a love song? Really? Great song, but...

    You're My Best Friend by Queen.

    In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel

     

    Blogger Kathleen said ... (1:23 PM, July 18, 2007) : 

    I can recommend pretty much any song by Louis Armstrong. Brian and I danced to "Kiss to Build a Dream On" on our wedding day so I'm sentimental about it. I can also recommend Otis Redding. Smashing Pumpkin's "Tonight,Tonight" is always beautiful and appropriate. Etta James' "At Last" is one of my favorite romantic songs. What about "I'll Stand by You" by the Pretenders or U2's "All I Want is You" or "Everlasting Love."

     

    Anonymous slade said ... (1:26 PM, July 18, 2007) : 

    certain songs by mr. william joel.

     

    Blogger Gina Ventre said ... (1:37 PM, July 18, 2007) : 

    No Sugar Mice. I mean it.

    Well, unless it's to point out the most bilious lyric of all time.

    Tonight Tonight! I have that somewhere. Hopefully not in my missing CD case.

    Love At Last.

     

    Blogger Mr. Bebout said ... (1:43 PM, July 18, 2007) : 

    I think one of the best songs for love and romance is
    "Come Rain or Come Shine". I particulary like the Ray Charles version.

     

    Blogger anne said ... (1:54 PM, July 18, 2007) : 

    Van Morrison - Moondance
    Michael Buble - Sway
    Peggy Lee - Fever (the original)
    Joss Stone - Soul Sessions album
    Jeff Buckley - Lilac Wine
    Jackson Browne - In the Shape of A Heart

    I have all these.

    I also have Queen's Greatest Hits (all three) so I have You're My Best Friend, as well as Fat Bottomed Girls, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Somebody to Love, etc.

    I have Peter Gabriel, In Your Eyes

    I also have a bunch of Billy Joel.

    What about the Beatles? Sting/The Police? Ray Charles?

     

    Blogger Audient said ... (2:00 PM, July 18, 2007) : 

    Kathleen -- I am intrigued, I can't place most of the songs you've just mentioned -- but would be interested in hearing them.

    no Sugar Mice, that's fine.

    Mr. B -- Ray Charles-- I don't have his recording of come rain or come shine.

    Anne -- I've got Queen and Gabriel and Sting/Police -- but those others, maybe you can bring them over?

     

    Anonymous sting said ... (2:05 PM, July 18, 2007) : 

    Fields of Gold and If I Ever Lose My Faith in You

     

    Blogger Gina Ventre said ... (2:17 PM, July 18, 2007) : 

    Lilac wiiiine...is sweet....and heaaadddy....like my looooovvve.

    Love Jeff.

     

    Blogger Kristen said ... (3:18 PM, July 18, 2007) : 

    I have both JT Albums have no fear. I would also recommend Feist. Good pick Brian! I guess I like songs about heartbreak more than sweet love songs. Etta James Feeling Good, Michael Buble Home surely would bring some tears to the eye (be they of sentiment or laughter), Bill Withers Ain't No Sunshine, Elvis Costello Allison. When you want to take it up into maybe something a little poppier Maroon 5 is good - specifically Secret and Sunday Morning.

     

    Blogger Kristen said ... (3:18 PM, July 18, 2007) : 

    Does it show I have a very limited selection on my work media player?

     

    Blogger Audient said ... (3:37 PM, July 18, 2007) : 

    yeah, my own player is full of all sorts of songs that would be off topic or downright inappropriate.


    that sd:

    Songbird by Fleetwood Mac
    and
    Ice Cream by Sarah McLachlan

    Gina, any Neko Case songs come to mind?

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:42 AM, July 19, 2007) : 

    I have out together a whole cd albumn of some cd's that you can check out. How about Nora Jones, Come Away With Me. I also favor Sting, not sure if Gina is a fan. I included a CD of Craig Chaquico and Neal Schon which are persoanl favorites.

    Betty

     

    post a comment