Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Thursday, July 05, 2007

    Dreams

    Last night I dreamt that I couldn't sleep, and decided to go by myself to a late night movie. I don't remember the name of the movie, but Joe Esterhaus wrote the script, and I was surprised by how good the movie was.

    Afterwards, I was hungry, and at the foodcourt, there was a new Afghan kabob stand open. It was very busy, but I got in line. Once I got to the front of the line, the tall man immediately behind me in line tried to push me aside and order. He was tanned with a shaved head, about 6'6", wearing a blue suit. I told him I was next, but he ignored me and persisted in placing an order. The Afghan man behind the counter was confused. I told the tall man again to wait his turn and that I was next. The tall man turned to me and explained that he just got back from serving in Afghanistan, and that was why he would order next. I told him that I didn't care, that he still had to wait his turn in line. He offered to settle it outside. I ordered beef kabobs and rice, and we went outside.

    Once outside, I proceeded to beat him mercilessly. He didn't really even fight back. I pulled his suit off of him and left his unconscious body outside the foodcourt entrance. I took his suit and went to Brian Kornell's.

    I found myself in a dorm room that I understood to be Brian's (as opposed to the apartment he and Kathleen live in now.) Brian was seated at his computer. I told Brian what happened, and that I needed to dispose of this suit, and he seemed relatively unplussed by it. He told me about yet another new Star Wars movie coming out, and whether I'd want to see it. I was confused. Another Star Wars movie? He explained that he'd found a trailer online for it, and he showed it to me on his computer. In the trailer, it showed Anakin and Obi-Wan getting out of some jam by using microwaved fig newtons as weapons. And then he explained that in this particular movie, three main characters would die, including Porcupine Tree. In my dream, Porcupine Tree was no longer a band, but now a character in Star Wars. I asked Brian for a pair of scissors.

    As he looked for the scissors I arranged the wadded up blue suit on the dorm room floor. I urinated all over it, and when I was finished, Brian handed me the scissors. I cut the suit in random pieces, and stuffed it all into a plastic bag. He gave me a ride somewhere to dispose of it. We rode back to the dorms, and had a helluva time finding a parking space. But once we did, I said goodbye to Brian and walked home.

    I got home and found Gina wide awake. She wondered where I had disappeared to in the middle of the night. I was reluctant to tell her any of it, but knew I owed her an explanation. I started with the movie, and she was somewhat disappointed that I went without her. I didn't want to tell her about the man at the foodcourt or the suit. But then I woke up, and I told her all about it then.

    Comments on "Dreams"

     

    Blogger Kat said ... (8:27 AM, July 05, 2007) : 

    "To dream that you are beating someone, indicates that you are shoving your own views and opinions on others."

    And "To dream that you are using scissors, denotes decisiveness and control in your waking life. Alternatively, it may suggests that you need to get rid of something in your life. It also represents your ability to cut things or people out of your life."

    Hhhhmmmm.... Just thought I'd share!

     

    Blogger Gina Ventre said ... (9:14 AM, July 05, 2007) : 

    And peeing in one's dream usually means that you have to pee in waking life.

    You didn't tell me the Star Wars, microwaved fig newtons part.

     

    Blogger Brian Kornell said ... (10:21 AM, July 05, 2007) : 

    After Jar Jar Binks - I fear microwaved fig newtons might be able to make it into a Star Wars movie. But, I'd still watch it.

    It's interesting that you had a dream about not being able to sleep.

     

    Blogger James said ... (11:54 AM, July 05, 2007) : 

    I find it more interesting that the suit was blue. I dont know why I find it interesting, but I do.

     

    Blogger Gina Ventre said ... (2:00 PM, July 05, 2007) : 

    I used to eat fig newtons all the time. Now I think they have a weird after taste.

     

    Blogger anne said ... (3:35 PM, July 05, 2007) : 

    I was forced to eat Fig Newtons as a child, and I've always hated them.

    The fact that you remember so many details of your dream is impressive. I never know exactly who the people are in my dreams, most of the time they have no faces.

     

    Blogger Kat said ... (6:35 PM, July 05, 2007) : 

    "Blue represents truth, wisdom, heaven, eternity, devotion, tranquility, loyalty and openness. The presence of this color in your dream, may symbolize your spiritual guide and your optimism of the future. You have clarity of mind.'

    This confuses me since you beat the man wearing the blue.....

     

    post a comment