Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Tuesday, May 01, 2007

    Why I Didn't Get the New Rush Album Today Even though I Ordered It in March

    When my CD didn't arrive today, I called Musictoday's toll free number 877-687-4277 -- Turns out I overlooked the fine print that if you order the CD and the DVD in the same order, you don't get any of it till the DVD release date.... May 15.

    So I said fine. Take the CD off the order. They refused. Said the order is locked in and can't be changed. I asked to speak with a manager. After waiting 5 minutes for one, I get this rude bastard who won't tell me his name. He refused to change my order, and when I told him to cancel my order altogether he refused again. Said it was my fault for not reading the terms, and it was too bad. I told him that if he wouldn't fix it, I would dispute the charge with my credit card. He told me to go ahead, but since I failed to read the terms, I'll lose, and then he hung up on me.

    I'll never preorder anything with Musictoday again. What a bunch of crap. $15.99 for a CD with expedited shipping (that I paid extra for) so I can get it on May 15 when the DVD gets released?

    Hey, whatev. I can wait two more weeks. I refuse to go to even Circuit City and pay even the $9.99 sale price for it again. I overlooked the fine print, yes, but if they won't take it off, and if they have to be rude about it, then fuck 'em. And fuck the band's management for even affilliating with this Fly By Night (pun intended) company -- I did the preorder through the band's own website!

    I downloaded it two weeks ago anyway, so I can wait two weeks for the real thing. So while I got it two weeks early, I'll be getting it two weeks late. Even tho I paid for it on March 27.

    Labels: , ,

    Comments on "Why I Didn't Get the New Rush Album Today Even though I Ordered It in March"

     

    Blogger Kate Anne said ... (7:58 AM, May 02, 2007) : 

    I hope that you feel better now. You were right to ask for the manager. Too bad he was such a son of a bush.

    Don't get mad, get even -- and your post will help others. But I see no labels. The search engines like to look for labels so add them when it makes sense and dissing this Fly by Night company (is that the name of the Rush album?) makes sense.

    Google now (new, but how new?) has a search blogs feature on its main search site. Try to find yourself.

    I'm in the last throngs of emptying/cleaning the old apartment. Then I have to empty some of the stuff from my new apartment. For some items, I just boxed them, the exit date looming. So the move continues. (I am so glad I didn't have a heart attack while at the old place or you and Kat would have had a heart attack -- or wouldn't have had time to find all the neat stuff I have re-discovered and am enjoying. More later.)

    Hugs!!

     

    Blogger anne said ... (9:27 AM, May 02, 2007) : 

    Damn, they wouldn't let you cancel your order?? What's up with that? I thought that canceling orders was written into the Constitution!

     

    Blogger Brian Kornell said ... (10:53 AM, May 02, 2007) : 

    It shouldn't matter if you read the fine print or not. If you wanted to cancel your order, they should have cancelled it without question.

    Those people are fucktards.

     

    Blogger anne said ... (1:13 PM, May 02, 2007) : 

    Asswipes.

     

    Blogger MrsTito said ... (10:48 AM, May 03, 2007) : 

    Loohoosers

     

    post a comment