Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Tuesday, May 29, 2007

    Tuesday Talkback

    Someone at the PD and/or cleveland.com took a holiday -- while Monday Moaning ran in the print edition of the PD yesterday, it is not available online. And I won't retype those silly moans -- cutting and pasting them is bad enough.

    This weekend we got Gina moved. My dad and I did more work in the master bedroom, and it is close to finished. I'm working on the closets now.

    Saturday night, Gina had a lovely night out with the ladies while I got some much needed sleep.

    After a previous attempt, we finally got to the Monet exhibit on Sunday morning. Who takes a screaming child to the art museum? OK, you want to expose the little brat to the arts, I can respect that. When the kid kept shreaking, maybe its time to take the little bastard home. Little blonde boy kept howling, and his mom kept patting him on the head and looking at the water lilies. I so very badly wanted to go up to her and ask whether she ever swatted her kid, and if not, would she mind giving it a try just this once? Fine exhibit otherwise.

    Memorial Day was spent at home, working on various projects. I did take a moment to think of our vets and think of those who died in service to our country. Mostly I thought about our recent losses and those we stand to lose over the next few months or years in Iraq. As P.J. O'Rourke said on Real Time on Friday night, we're fucked if we leave and we're fucked if we stay. And the congressional Democrats wussed out. OK, there is funding till September -- and then they'll find the resolve to fight to end this war? Unlikely.

    I think this week's Opus summed it all up. Here it is if you didn't see it.



    We say we honor the fallen, but every day we add to the rolls for no good reason. Iraq did not attack us. We went in without a clearly defined plan as to our objective and our exit strategy. And because of this lack of vision, we will keep adding to the list of the fallen. We'll have a parade and we'll plant more flowers.

    Labels:

    Comments on "Tuesday Talkback"

     

    Blogger James said ... (8:28 AM, May 29, 2007) : 

    The Monet exhibit was great, wasn't it? I enjoyed it as well when I went in May. I am glad you got the opportunity to see it!

     

    Blogger Audient said ... (9:08 AM, May 29, 2007) : 

    yes.

     

    Blogger Gina Ventre said ... (1:00 PM, May 29, 2007) : 

    That cartoon is very sad and frightening, especially the way he is observing the expanse of field yet to be filled.

    Monet was amazing, even though I had to cough loudly a few times and felt like I had been beaten with sticks.

    It was a lovely night out, though.

     

    Blogger jessica said ... (1:50 PM, May 29, 2007) : 

    i'm glad you got to catch the Monet exhibit. it was amazing!

    does your firm participate in the fun friday activities? it's a great way to catch a lot of the exhibits at the CMA, among other places...

     

    Blogger Mr. Bebout said ... (8:32 AM, May 30, 2007) : 

    I am glad you got mostly moved. When you decide to bring the stuff inside let me know, for that I may help.

     

    post a comment