Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Friday, May 18, 2007

    Musictoday.com Still Sucks -- Rush Snakes & Arrows Preorder Problems Continue

    So here I am one week later without my promised refund for just the CD.

    And I am on the phone with musictoday...talking to "Seng" -- he now tells me that there has been a mistake, that Bentley should not have told me that just the CD could be refunded, that they cannot refund my money on the CD. He said that they have a contract with the band for no cancellations. I told them I don't care what your arrangement is with the band, Bentley told me I was to be refunded, I want my refund.

    So now he says he can't take it off. But I can mail it back to them for a refund. There is a label that comes with returns -- sz it is on the back of the invoice, or that I can print one off from the preorder store website, and that with that label, I don't have to pay for the return shipping. He asks me if that is cool.

    I tell him, no, it isn't cool. Bentley told me it would be taken off my order and my credit card refunded within 72 hours last Friday. Well, he was misinformed, Seng said. I sd, I don't care, he as a representative of musictoday told me I would get a refund, and now musictoday won't honor it. He started to blame it on the band and I interrupted him: That is not on the band, I said, that is on musictoday.

    He then offered to cancel my entire order. !!!!

    And once I got clarification that by entire order, he meant the CD/DVD/Tshirt/Sticker -- nothing more, nothing less, and not any tickets I ordered -- and he confirmed this would be completely independent of any tickets I may have ordered, and I said, fine. Let's do that.

    And he said I'd be refunded within 72 hours and that I would not be allowed to buy anything from their online store again, and I said, no prob, I assure you I had no plans of ever buying merchandise from musictoday ever again.

    And I asked for a confirmation # and he said (no surprise) that he could not give me one (here we go again) but that I would get an email today confirming the cancellation (we'll see) and that the whole order should be off my creditcard within 72 hours.

    I'll believe it when I see it. Lying bastards.

    Labels: , , ,

    Comments on "Musictoday.com Still Sucks -- Rush Snakes & Arrows Preorder Problems Continue"

     

    Blogger Gina Ventre said ... (1:08 PM, May 18, 2007) : 

    I believe it's time to somehow contact Rush and let them know that every time you contact MusicToday, some asshat, shit-for-brains answers the phone.

    And when you call back in 74 hours (give them 2), they will tell you that Seng was misinformed.

     

    Blogger James said ... (1:55 PM, May 18, 2007) : 

    You should invite Seng to your wedding.

     

    post a comment