Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Friday, May 18, 2007

    Musictoday Talks Back

    I apparently have had an impact...

    I just got exchanged some email with Diane Biesecker of Musictoday.com.

    She wrote:

    Michael,

    The refund for your Rush Preorder ($78.13) has been applied to your credit card today. It may take your banking institution up to 3 business days to see this credit in their system.

    Please understand that this cancellation is in direct conflict with instruction given to us by Rush, who is our client. My employees, who you have named and spoken badly about on the Internet, were following the policies clearly stated on the website when you placed this order. Your bashing of them and of Musictoday is inappropriate and I would appreciate it if you would stop this activity.

    Your order for tickets is currently still in place and is expected to ship in August. Both Rush Management and Musictoday reserve the right to cancel any order at any time.

    Regards,
    Diane Biesecker
    Call Center Director
    Musictoday, LLC

    I wrote her back:

    Ms. Biesecker:

    Are you threatening to cancel my ticket order?

    Michael Brennan

    She responded:

    I most certainly am not.

    So I responded:

    Then what did you mean by: "Your order for tickets is currently still in place and is expected to ship in August. Both Rush Management and Musictoday reserve the right to cancel any order at any time."

    Are you suggesting that Rush Management and/or Musictoday is threatening to cancel my ticket?

    And she responded:

    I was confirming that your ticket order is still intact.

    I do know that your Internet bashing of Musictoday has been viewed by both sets of management teams. I am not aware of what action they plan to take.

    So I replied:

    All I have done is report my experience with Musictoday.

    Like Harry Truman used to say: I don't give them hell. I tell the truth and they just think it is hell.

    If you think it is "bashing," then that is a reflection of Musictoday's policies and the actions and activities of their employees and agents. I tell the truth and you think it is bashing.

    And I have received no further response.

    The above emails were sent back and forth between 2:51pm and 3:04pm today, Eastern Daylight Time.

    Labels: , , ,

    Comments on "Musictoday Talks Back"

     

    Blogger Brian Kornell said ... (3:48 PM, May 18, 2007) : 

    So they don't believe in free speech either. What a great company.

    You were simply sharing your experience. The order cancellation policy was awful and you had every right to complain about it.

    I wouldn't even want to go to the concert if I were you. The band is treating their fans terribly.

     

    Blogger Kristen said ... (4:17 PM, May 18, 2007) : 

    Maybe they are American Idol fans.

     

    Blogger Julianne said ... (11:44 AM, May 19, 2007) : 

    I'm sorry for your hassles with this. I was so excited about going to this show. I've seen Rush every time they've come to Cleveland since the 70's. I rushed to Rush site to pre-order and there were technical issues with order process. By the time my order went through, the best seats were gone, but I attempted to place an order anyway. The website gave me an error and I was left unsure if the order went through. I sent off an email because I was unable to contact anyone by phone and three days later someone replied to say that sorry, my order was not processed, so no tickets for me.

    A few days ago I got an email from Live Nation that there were "premium tickets" available for $244 each. I've been a Rush fan for a long time, but this is ridiculous. No thanks.

     

    Blogger anne said ... (10:10 AM, May 21, 2007) : 

    It certainly sounds like she's threatening you. What kind of megalomaniac is she? They don't have the right to make you stop talking about them on a blog!

    Fuck 'em!

     

    Blogger Mr. Bebout said ... (12:03 PM, May 21, 2007) : 

    Where were your "bashing" them that they saw it and took such offence? I don't read your blog everyday, though I am sure I should, but I don't recall reading any bashing about Rush

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:14 PM, May 31, 2007) : 

    I used to work for Musictoday and still would be working there if hadn't had to move. The company and Diane herself are both amazing. She is a fair woman and will go out of her way to help if she is able.

     

    post a comment