Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Monday, May 14, 2007

    Magnify God

    I was riding home the other day and I encountered yet another religiously themed vanity plate. Every time I see a plate like this, I recall how GODS DED has been and remains available. It seems like I see increasingly more religiously themed license plates.

    So here is the plate I saw this time, near University Circle:

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    "Magnify God." Magnify. Really. I thought, wow, is God so small? I thought, your God is a protozoan God, one which could be killed with a bleach wipe or a toilet cleanser. A microbial God that lives in your intestines would be one way to ensure that God is always with you. My E. Coli God is an angry God!

    It turns out a Google search of "Magnify God" yields plenty of references that have nothing to do with God being a single-celled organism. A lot of it is in reference to speaking in tongues. Perhaps the driver in front of me at University Circle was having such a conversation, thus explaining why she was driving so slowly.

    It look as if the last laugh was on me though, for on that same commute home I encountered... The Dark One!

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    But he left me alone. I guess The Dark One doesn't sting unless you swat at him.

    Labels:

    Comments on "Magnify God"

     

    Blogger Gina Ventre said ... (1:16 PM, May 14, 2007) : 

    I want to see footage of someone speaking in tongues. There has to be a documentary for that. There is a documentary about meth use amongst the Amish (which I will locate and watch). There has to be one about speaking in tongues.

     

    Blogger Audient said ... (2:04 PM, May 14, 2007) : 

    there is youtube footage of it.

     

    Blogger James said ... (2:21 PM, May 14, 2007) : 

    I think that was my buddy Darquan. Not Dark One, pronounced like Dar-q-juan.

     

    post a comment