Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Tuesday, April 17, 2007

    Porcupine Tree FoaBP Video down, due to Virginia Tech

     
    Statement: In view of the events yesterday in Virginia, the video clip for Fear of a Blank Planet has been withdrawn until further notice.
     
    Having seen the video, I think it was the decent thing to do.
     
    I watched the video of teens playing video games, popping pills, smashing things and setting things on fire, running around with guns and aiming them at each other, aiming guns at themselves and at the camera  ... and then learned about Virginia Tech about 10 minutes later.  It was a little eerie. 
     
    I hope they'll have it back up in due time.  But for now, I think it was the right move.
     
     

    Comments on "Porcupine Tree FoaBP Video down, due to Virginia Tech"

     

    Blogger Kristen said ... (8:00 AM, April 18, 2007) : 

    I guess I don't see the point of this. I don't know how popular Porcupine Tree actually is to know whether anyone in Virginia has ever heard of them so I'll use Pearl Jam's Jeremy as an example instead. If it was that video we were talking about, why take it down? Anyone who is dealing with the aftermath of this shooting is unlikely to be checking out band websites to ease the pain. It seems like an empty gesture, on par with "Support the Troops" car magnets. Just my opinion though, I realize their hearts were in the right place.

     

    Blogger Audient said ... (9:28 AM, April 18, 2007) : 

    The new video was released the same day as the shooting.

    For instance, when Dream Theater released their new album on 9/11/01, and it coincidentally featured a graphic of the twin towers on fire, they pulled it immediately. I do know a guy who got a copy that morning, and I've seen it.

    As for PT's popularity, yeah, I suppose they are still a cult band. But they have played to packed houses on the eastern seaboard, including in the DC metro area, which includes northern Virginia. And cult bands tend to be faves on campuses, so I'd be surprised if no one at VT had heard of PT.

     

    Blogger Kristen said ... (9:53 AM, April 18, 2007) : 

    Ooooh, the jokes I could make if it was my own blog. But I'm spending today whining about other things on my blog.

     

    post a comment