Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Thursday, March 15, 2007

    Give Till It Hurts

    Having recently delivered my 2006 financial information to my accountant, I noticed that my charitable giving for 2006 had dropped off from 2005.  I resolved that I would rectify that in 2007.  I have the Salvation Army truck coming next week to pick up several bags of clothes I no longer wear.  But not to be outdone, in just the last three days, I've received emails from three different friends soliciting sponsorship for three different charity events to benefit Big Brothers/Big Sisters, pediatric AIDS, and breast cancer research.  Keep them coming, folks.  It is great getting to itemize!  The trick is keeping track of everything and not leaving anything out when it comes time to file for 2007.

    Comments on "Give Till It Hurts"

     

    Blogger Avery said ... (6:23 PM, March 15, 2007) : 

    You could give to this really rad new lit anthology called Avery, which was founded by and currently edited by two Clevelanders ...

    It's a non-profit. Tax-deductable.

    Just saying ...

    By the way, I was drawn to your blog via your most recent comment on Plan B, which was quite hilarious.

     

    Blogger sam said ... (7:19 PM, March 15, 2007) : 

    you know i'm doing that walk for the leukemia and lyphoma society...good cause, curing cancer.

     

    Blogger melcarrel said ... (8:40 AM, March 16, 2007) : 

    how about habitat for humanity? I love that charity because candidates who apply for the assistance have to prove they are responsible for a mortgage, even if it is a small one. They have to work on other candidates homes and their own home building to build "sweat equity". In the end, hard working families get a new, practical house instead of a rat infested, moldy apartment for the same amount of money.

    MDC and I would love to volunteer to be builders someday when we have time and are not building our own house. So in the meantime, we give cash.

     

    Blogger anne said ... (9:49 AM, March 16, 2007) : 

    You could donate to MoveOn.org or to the Brady campaign to prevent gun violence or to the Cleveland Women's shelter. The women's shelter accepts old cell phones too.

    I hope you tossed the Guess jeans in the bag to Salvation Army.

     

    Blogger Mr. Bebout said ... (10:25 AM, March 16, 2007) : 

    You can also help me in my 3-day breast cancer walk. Check out my blog Chasing Paper for a link to my donation site.

     

    Blogger Audient said ... (10:40 AM, March 16, 2007) : 

    Hmmm, I don't have to look far if I am looking to provide a little support to a writer...

    Sam ... thanks for the reminder.

    Mel ... yes, that too is a great cause. Have donated to them before.

    Old cell phones to the shelter -- I think I may have a couple lying around.

    All three pairs of Guess jeans went into the bag.

    Mr.B. -- but of course!

     

    Blogger anne said ... (12:14 PM, March 16, 2007) : 

    I'm happy to collect the cell phones and drop them off. One trip instead of five, right?

     

    post a comment