Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Thursday, February 01, 2007

    Still a Few Decent People Out There, It Would Seem...

    Gina met me downtown last night for dinner at Cafe Sausalito.  Sausalito is right by my office, yet I have not grown tired of it (unlike the Galleria foodcourt).
     
    I then went back to work to take care of a few things.  I left late, went to my car and drove home.
     
    I pulled into my garage at home, that was when I noticed the note under my windshield wiper. Name and phone number, and a rather incoherent "Please ____ ____" which I could not understand.
     
    I thought, hmmmm, maybe she thought I was someone else.  I tossed the note on the front seat of my car, and went in for the night.
     
    This morning I went to my car and saw the note again. 
     
    I picked it up, read it again.  Nothing.  I don't know who this person is, and I can't read the scrawled out three word note, other than the word "please."
     
    I drove to Starbucks on Cedar Hill and parked the car.  I walked up, saw the line of about eight people to coffee.  Sorry, but Starbucks is not worth that long a wait.  I've been going to Phoenix about half the time.  I really only go to Starbucks for two reasons: first, to get a maple scone; second, out of chance that I'll run into Pat.  Though I haven't run into him lately.
     
    I walk back to my car, and that's when I see it.
     
    The back corner of my bumper cover is cracked, and some of it is missing.
     
    I brought the note into the office with me, and I just left her a voice mail.  I am not the least bit upset.  I am thrilled that this person was decent and responsible enough to leave me her name and number.
     
    It isn't going to be a cheap repair either.  They don't fix the bumper cover -- they replace it outright.  I know this because I've had this repair done before.

    Comments on "Still a Few Decent People Out There, It Would Seem..."

     

    post a comment