Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Wednesday, February 14, 2007

    My Snowy Valentine

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I took this picture from my office window yesterday afternoon. This was around 3:30. The traffic was already beginning to pick up (and slow down to a crawl). I ended up leaving my office around 4, and it took me well over 90 minutes to get home -- although that included stops for gas and to pick up some bacon at UDF.

    I told Gina before I left work that she was welcome to stay with me, rather than drive to drive all the way to the west side. I got home and found her in my driveway. Even after shoveling, this is as far up the drive as she could get.

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    Gina took the bacon and went in to cook dinner, and I took over shoveling. When the snow is falling so hard, it is difficult to keep up. Still, I got the drive somewhat clear enough to make an attempt for the garage. My car is a little better in the snow, but I could still only get it up the hill to just past the back door. Gina's car, I could only get up the bushes next to the front door.

    She also thanked me for the flowers. Allow me to pat myself on the back for specifying that a 2/13 delivery was ok for Valentine's Day flowers! Her work is closed today, and if I had specified the 14th, she would not have gotten them today. As it was, they were delivered to her just as she was leaving work, so she simply took them with her, rather than leaving them on her desk. This too was a smart move -- since her office is closed today due to the snow, and if she hadn't have brought them home, no one would be enjoying them today.

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    Here is the view from my living room window at 9:40 this morning.

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I have some things in my briefcase to work on. Gina is here, reading for her Victorian Lit class. I brought in firewood from the garage yesterday evening. There are treats from Trader Joe's in the freezer. While it is nothing as I planned or expected, it still stands to be a good Valentine's Day.

    Labels: ,

    Comments on "My Snowy Valentine"

     

    Blogger aliasgrace said ... (11:53 AM, February 14, 2007) : 

    BMac and I are snowed in, LOST is on, there are 4 Godiva chocolates, and a Butternut squash alsagna to be made ... I've had worse Valentine's Days.

     

    Blogger James said ... (12:02 PM, February 14, 2007) : 

    All of your pictures look blue - wait...there are actually no pictures to look at!

    Sleeting and snowing here in NYC. Bossman is going home...only Bossman...the rest (well I am the only one to make it in) will stay until the end of the day.

     

    Blogger Kate Anne said ... (12:21 PM, February 14, 2007) : 

    James must have the same office security sets that I have -- no pictures! (They won't show them to me when I post from FlickR.com either) Wish I could be home! It is a slick icy day here in NYC, as James has also attested, I see.

    BUT, your description sounds lovely, homey, comfy. ENJOY!!

    Hugs to you and Gina!

     

    Blogger anne said ... (1:59 PM, February 14, 2007) : 

    Glad you are home too. I was hoping you wouldn't have to go in. I didn't see the pics either. :(

    Happy V day!

     

    Blogger Audient said ... (3:30 PM, February 14, 2007) : 

    thanks everyone... AG -- it sounds like a perfect time, really. To the New Yorkers -- be safe. To Anne, happy V Day to you too.

    The photos should now be visible. Had to reload them. I used photobucket this time.

     

    Blogger MrsTito said ... (10:33 AM, February 15, 2007) : 

    Looks...COLD! I'll take my 86 degrees. Thanks.

     

    Blogger Brian Kornell said ... (9:26 AM, February 16, 2007) : 

    I loved being snowed in on Wednesday. Kathleen didn't have to work either, so it was a fun time

     

    post a comment