Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Tuesday, January 16, 2007

    Tuesday Talkback

    They moan, and I talk back. They don't give it rest, so why should I?

    "Let's give the Browns' management a message. Let's quit filling the stadium by buying so many tickets. Then they'll get the message, and I'm betting they'll improve the team. As long as they're making money, there's no incentive for them." - Middleburg Heights

    An inspired idea, except for one small detail: Personal Seat Licenses. Most season ticket holders had to purchase PSLs in order to acquire the right to buy season tickets. The trick is that if you ever fail to renew your season tickets, you lose your PSLs -- and the thousands you spent to acquire those PSLs is gone too. Yes, you can sell your PSLs, but anyone who would buy them must turn around and buy the tickets in order to keep the seats.

    Maybe what I will do is write a letter to the Browns, and offer to sell them back my PSLs for the going rate. And when they write me back to decline the offer, I can then say, A-HA, you admit that you don't want to go watch these awful games either! Somehow, it is less satisfying.

    "With so few live TV shows from Cleveland, it's a shame that Channel 8 scheduled its new program the same time as Channel 3." - Rocky River

    I just can't get worked up over this. Doesn't every local station have local news at 6pm? And if this new show is at some other hour, what's the big deal? If you really want to watch them both, get a TiVo -- and hope that no one ever looks at your "Now Playing" list to learn what a dork you really are.

    "The thieves that would stoop so low as to steal a little girl's playhouse. She wants to know, 'Why would God let anybody steal my playhouse?' " - Massillon

    Children in India and children in New Orleans whose real homes were washed away also want to know why God would allow the little girl in Massilon to lose her playhouse.

    "The Cavs brought excitement to Cleveland, but seniors and people who can't afford cable can't enjoy the games on TV." - Bedford

    If you cannot afford cable TV, then maybe your time is better spent doing something other than watching millionaire athletes playing a children's game.

    "The women who think that walking around with no stockings and high heels and dress shoes is fashionable. It's tacky-looking. What if men decided to walk around with no socks and dress shoes?" - Highland Heights

    Then the Miami Vice would be back in style, finally!

    "All the manufacturers and/or dealers used to adjust the headlights on a car before it was sold. Why don't they do it anymore? Night driving would be a lot more comfortable." - Rocky River

    Ah, another moan about the lost art of headlight adjustment. I can't speak for all cars, but there are knobs on my headlights that allow me to make my own adjustments. Just park the car with the lights on facing a wall, and adjust away!

    "I can't understand how my news paper delivery person manages to leave a card with his name and address before Christmas, but never acknowledges or gives thanks for the gift." - Maple Heights

    Why do you suppose the PD prints a moan like this? To somehow scold the independent contractors who deliver their paper?

    "With Dennis running for president and OSU losing the game, what else is there to moan about?" - Berea

    Well, so far we are still moaning about headlights, going without socks, money, ingratitude, and how God could be so unfair to one little girl who lost her house. No, I'm sorry, her playhouse.

    "For those municipalities that are unaware that the American flag should be flown at half staff for a period of 30 days when any U.S. president dies." - Brook Park

    OK, who blew that one? I haven't seen any flags not at half staff.

    "How is it that the government can charge the veterans $8 (soon to be $9) for a 30-day supply of generic drugs, when any veteran who goes to Marc's or Wal-Mart or Giant Eagle can get them for $4?" - Strongsville

    Overhead. Also, the government doesn't believe in "loss-leaders." Though they've got "losing leader" covered.

    "I guess it's easier for the city of Cleveland to stick it to the little guy at $100 a pop for 'red light' cameras, than collect legitimate parking taxes from businesses who can afford it." - Cleveland

    The message is clear either way -- come to Cleveland, and we'll stick it to you.

    "The obscenity of continuing this war is knowing its ultimate failure, and driving through the stop sign." - Bay Village

    Perhaps Cleveland could put a camera on it, and fine the president $100...?

    "When you buy a product at Best Buy with an extended warranty, they want you to keep the receipt. However, in that time period, the printing on the receipt fades away so that it can barely be read." - Hudson

    Anyone who buys an extended warranty from Best Buy is a sucker.

    "Now that the Ohio lottery is getting rid of the Lot'O Play, they should plan on getting rid of the Make me famous, Make me rich game. It is absolutely the worst." - Strongsville

    I've never played the game, and I don't know how it works. But this much I know. If being famous or rich is your goal, then know that no one else will make you famous or rich. You have to do it for yourself.

    Labels:

    Comments on "Tuesday Talkback"

     

    Blogger Kristen said ... (7:38 AM, January 16, 2007) : 

    I admit it, I chuckled at the red light camera on the stop sign for war comment.

     

    Blogger Kristen said ... (7:38 AM, January 16, 2007) : 

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

    Blogger Gina Ventre said ... (9:40 AM, January 16, 2007) : 

    I wonder why there are so many moans about women not wearing stockings with high heels. I like the Miami Vice retort though.

     

    Blogger melcarrel said ... (10:03 AM, January 16, 2007) : 

    ok, we know how the miami vice guys look without socks and dress shoes. I was really hoping to see YOU modeling that look!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:07 PM, January 16, 2007) : 

    I think it's the same old lady calling every week to complain about the lack of nylons on women's legs. And the same old guy who complains about headlights every week. I bet they drive Buicks. Maybe they have a bet going to see who can get printed most often. You think they trade sexual favors? Or false teeth?

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:38 PM, January 18, 2007) : 

    I feel that I shoud issue my own moan in response to your shot at my livelyhood (moan #2), but lawyer jokes are too easy, so I'll just move along.

     

    Blogger Kate Anne said ... (4:49 AM, January 19, 2007) : 

    I liked the political comments, and LOL at "losing leader" -- well finally Dubya is good for something I would deem positive: laughter. And your astute comment about the playhouse. Right on!

     

    post a comment