Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Tuesday, January 09, 2007

    Tuesday Talkback (Gator-bait Edition)

    Buckeyes fans have plenty to moan about this morning. I'm not what I'd call a college football fan. Sure, I was hoping the Bucks would win, but mostly because so many other people I knew were rooting for OSU.

    Last night's game reminded me why I prefer NFL football over college football. In the NFL, you have to play tough every week. Every team is a contender. In college, the elite teams play schedules that are padded with all sorts of lesser opponents. The only team of any consequence that Ohio State had to play this year was Michigan, and Michigan put up a good fight. Texas, it turned out, was just a shadow of its former self. So, despite being number #1 from the preseason to the national championship game, OSU went down in a game in which they were completely and shockingly outplayed. Even Gators fans bought into the hype -- the ones who thought their team would win thought it would be close. 41-14 is not close. 14 points is what Brady Quinn's "pathetic" Notre Dame squad put up against LSU. And Heisman winner Troy Smith scrambled, fumbled, got sacked and was intercepted like the second coming of Charlie Frye. I guess he passes his audition for the Browns, huh?

    Seriously, there are going to be a lot of long faces around town today.

    So, here are a few other moaners from around town, I'm still going to talk back to some of them.

    "All of our young soldiers are dying for Iraqi freedom, yet we support communism by buying all the products made in China." - Medina

    Does this pass off for deep thinking? You can find a wide range of opinions on why we went to Iraq and why we are still in Iraq, but I challenge you to find anyone who would say that the reason we are in Iraq is to fight communism. Even Bush hasn't tried that one yet.

    "The morning special at our local restaurant increased by 20 percent. However, the minimum wage boost my grandson got still allows him to buy me breakfast." - Brecksville

    You cheap old coot. You live in Brecksville, and you make your minimum wage earning grandson buy your breakfast?

    "To the person that found my coin purse at an East Side license bureau really caused me a big inconvenience. It was OK to keep the money, but I wish you had returned my personal papers. I'm 83 years old and I'm really in a bind. Shame on you." - No city

    Who keeps personal papers in a coin purse? How would they even fit? Did you wad up your social security card in a little ball? You are in bind, when you don't even know what city you're calling from.

    "And I'm telling you, that second TD by the Gators -- he was down!" - Table 6, The Winking Lizard (Coventry)

    Ohhhhhh...

    Labels:

    Comments on "Tuesday Talkback (Gator-bait Edition)"

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:09 AM, January 09, 2007) : 

    Thank God its over. Now the rest of the dumbasses in this state can concentrate on poverty, the lack of jobs and why everyone else is running like HELL from OHIO.

     

    Blogger MrsTito said ... (9:22 AM, January 09, 2007) : 

    He was down! I'm wondering how many Pac 10 officials that idiot from Ashtabula had to blow to get that call.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 AM, January 10, 2007) : 

    As if that one touchdown was going to save the game. I don't blame it all on Troy, although he did not have his best game ever. It was complete team failure, the O-line, the D, even special teams messed up. They were just outmatched this year. It happens. It's football, let's get on with it.

    If you need a lift after that football game, start watching OSU men's basketball, they are killing it this year.

     

    post a comment