Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Monday, January 15, 2007

    Renewal

    Yesterday Gina and I resumed work on a project I abandoned some time ago -- restoration of the master bedroom.  I have been sleeping the guest room since I moved into my house, except for maybe the first couple of nights.  The previous inspired but misguided color selections for the walls and ceiling have been changed.  Still makes a statement, but a much nicer one.  Thank you, Martha Stewart.
     
    While we worked, we had the small TV rolled out into the hallway so we could listen to the football games.  Is anyone really surprised that Marty Shottenheimer choked again?  I really hoped that he'd throw the monkey off his back this year, but not even having LT on his team was enough. 
     
    On Saturday, we went out for sushi with BMac and AG at Shinano.  Sushi in a strip mall may sound questionable -- but I think it is some of the best sushi around, and I've been to all the bigger places in town.  I am not knocking the other places at all.  Just that Shinano on Wilson Mills by the mall is fantastic, and not that well known.  People rave about Shuhei, Ginza, Sushi Rock, Sushi on the Square, etc.  Shinano is at least as good as any of them, and may be better.  The volcano roll was fantastic -- they brought that out first, and we all enjoyed it.  It was served warm, with scallops, roe, octopus and spicy mayo.  And everyone enjoyed the unagi (eel) nigiri sushi.  Not that you can't get eel elsewhere, but their's was just perfect.
     

    Comments on "Renewal"

     

    Blogger Kate Anne said ... (11:28 AM, January 15, 2007) : 

    Terrific, Audient and Gina! Good feng shui. I had best get away from my computer soon and follow your wonderful example :-)

     

    Blogger MrsTito said ... (11:36 AM, January 15, 2007) : 

    We eat sushi at the $9.95 Chinese Buffett and people make fun of us. The guy there works on tips, and for $3, he'll make us anything we want and as much as we want. Sometimes I'll sacrifice atmosphere for saving a buck.

     

    Anonymous Zup said ... (11:43 PM, January 15, 2007) : 

    Hmm...eel is one of my favorites, when I am in the mood for sushi, but I've only had it in a roll.....I should go there and try it out.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:18 AM, January 16, 2007) : 

    Michael:
    It was good to see you and Gina. Thanks again for the libation.

     

    post a comment