Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Wednesday, January 03, 2007

    The Morning After I Met Her

    You can only hope to someday meet someone with whom time just stops. You can sit there for hours and talk and be together and not realize it has been hours. And then when she is gone, she is all you can think about until you see her again. There is an intensity, a passion. A sense of mutuality. A sense that one complements and completes the other. A sense that you could never grow tired of the other. A sense that now that you know of the other's existence, you could hardly bear living without each other.

    I have met someone.

    We met through mutual friends. We started to chat online. We agreed to meet up -- and you never know how that will turn out. Having things to say on AIM is not the same as being able to converse.

    But the AIM paled to the fireworks that was our conversation.

    We met at a little restaurant we both knew in Ohio City. It would be familiar ground to us both. We would both be in our element. And were we ever.

    We drank a pitcher of mojitos and ordered dinner. We talked about our lives, our dreams, our goals, our desires. We finished dinner and spoke of the need to walk off the drinks. We were soon holding hands, fingers interlocked. We walked by the brewery, and heard the sound of jazz. She was beautiful, more beautiful than I imagined, even though I had seen pictures. In the shadows of the old warehouses, we created our own light. By the glow of streetlights we walked and touched and held each other close. Even though we had both been to this same party months ago, somehow we didn't meet, or maybe we just didn't connect then. But last night, I felt inside of me a feeling I had long forgotten. The feeling you get when you've met someone simply breathtaking. By that I mean, I think sometimes I forgot to breathe. And this one time, I think maybe she feels the same about me. It was intense as if I had never felt it before, and was feeling it now for the very first time.

    Real life is far more complicated. Real life is dirty underwear on the floor, mowing the lawn, paying the bills. Real life is a drag. I should know better than to be enamored by someone beautiful when we've both put forward only our best foot. The man she met last night is the man I like to think I am. Smooth, assured, witty, erudite, confident. And last night, she was ... pure magic. She took my breath away...yeah, I said that already. And I would give her my heart. I would give her whatever it took to win her heart. And what the hell will we both do if we accomplish that?

    I should know better. I am too old for this. I should know better. But this feeling. I had never fallen in love at first sight. I always used to think the very idea was foolish and impossible.

    We told each other we had a wonderful time. I kissed her on the cheek. She said we must do this again soon. Yes, we must. How can we not. There is no other way. Inconceivable.

    Comments on "The Morning After I Met Her"

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:59 AM, January 03, 2007) : 

    You have hidden this poetic side of yourself as well as you hide your drunkenness. I have tears in my eyes you bastard. Stop it, I'm at work!

     

    Blogger Kristen said ... (12:48 PM, January 03, 2007) : 

    This is very like the emotion I could see in your eyes when you were going through all this, even though I didn't know what was happening, I'd never seen you like that and I am so glad I got to be a voyuer for that part of your life.

     

    Blogger Audient said ... (12:53 PM, January 03, 2007) : 

    I wrote this the day after she and I met. I share it now, unedited.

     

    Blogger Betty said ... (2:47 PM, January 03, 2007) : 

    My advice to Gina today after reading your post....hold tight to this guy and never let him go....not til your dying breath!

     

    Blogger Tam said ... (9:36 AM, January 04, 2007) : 

    ahhhh She is a diamond in the rough. And you're not so bad yourself!! I wish you both a wonderful year. I haven't seen the two of you together very much, but I'm pretty sure of the perfect dynamic you must have.

    And this passage was refreshing.

     

    Blogger Kate Anne said ... (11:07 AM, June 01, 2016) : 

    I don't remember reading this before. So lovely, and as Betty said, poetic.

    You make me a bit envious. Though I still remember the beauty of April 16th.

    Hugs!

     

    post a comment