Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Monday, January 22, 2007

    A Monday Moan of My Own

    A pet peeve, anyway...
     
    ...Is when I call someone's house to leave them a message. 
     
    The person who picks up and answers says "____ isn't here right now." 
     
    I ask if I may leave a message. 
     
    Uh-huh, he says. 
     
    I clearly speak my name. 
     
    Uh-huh, he says. 
     
    Then I say, "and my phone number is --"
     
    Hold on, I need to get a pen... he says.
     
    (NOW you need a pen?)

    Comments on "A Monday Moan of My Own"

     

    Blogger MrsTito said ... (9:43 AM, January 23, 2007) : 

    It's even more fun when it happens when you call a place of business!

    We have people in our office who will flat out tell the caller to call back instead of offering to take a message. Seriously.

    And to think that I couldn't find a job for over 2 years in NE Ohio and these idiots are gainfully employed.

     

    Blogger Kate Anne said ... (6:32 AM, January 25, 2007) : 

    Lots of our clients are on our contact list. Usually a name suffices unless they are not at a usual number. That said, I have to remember to go find a pen and write a msg -- or call vmail and leave it -- before someone/something districts me. Holy ADD!!

     

    post a comment