Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Monday, January 22, 2007

    Lizard Party

    Saturday night, Gina and I attended the Winking Lizard World Tour of Beers party at Thistledown. It was a well planned and entertaining event. I had not completed a World Tour since 2002, so it had been awhile since I had attended such a party.

    Tourists from four different locations were the guests of this party. There was an excellent buffet which included ribs, pot roast, mac-n-cheese, chicken parm, jumbalya, caesar salad and more. And the draft Labatt and Hoegaarten was included as well.

    Entertainment was provided by the Spazmatics, whom I had never heard before, but whose set of 80s covers and silly ubergeek costumes made for good fun, even if they were maybe a little too loud from where we were seated for dinner. They did an excellent job of faithfully reproducing both new wave and hair band hits. (oldies? can I call 80s rock oldies now?)

    There were several doorprizes, of which I won one: a gift certificate to Great Lakes Brewing Company. When my name was called over the loudspeakers, apparently Carmen heard it as well. And not too long after, Carmen located Gina and me and sat with us for awhile and chatted. Carmen told us all about how the Spazmatics are a franchised or licensed band, and that there are other bands by the same name in other cities. I had heard of such a thing in theory, but never had seen one up close. Seeing Carmen by pure chance was great fun, and really made a good night out a great one.

    There was a separate room with separate buffet for people who wanted to do the off track betting. We never got over there ourselves.

    On the way out, there were tables of glassware being put out for the taking -- various pint glasses and the like from past beers of the months and others. I took a few glasses, included two Unibrou belgian style beer glasses, since that is one style of glass I have next to none of.

    Next year's tour jacket is actually a jean jacket. Nice for what it is, but I think I'll skip the tour this year. I don't really see me completing two tours two years in a row, especially when I had to play catch up in December to finish it. Maybe in 2008, we'll see.

    Comments on "Lizard Party"

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:05 AM, January 22, 2007) : 

    Gina, did you notice how awesome your hair looks in this picture? I just wanted to point that out.

    I think I too would skip a beer tour if the reward was a denim jacket. Plus, you may want a break from the Lizard this year.

     

    Blogger Gina Ventre said ... (9:36 AM, January 22, 2007) : 

    Thanks Anne!

    I loved the mac n cheese and the ribs.

    I liked the Spazmatics but then they sang "Paradise City."

    Mmm...Great Lakes Blackout Stout.

     

    Blogger Brent2112 said ... (7:20 PM, January 22, 2007) : 

    Looks like you had a great time. Whats there website so I can order some beer Hopefully. I loved there beer when you brought it to the Beach.

    Glad you had fun !!!

     

    Blogger Carmen said ... (10:01 PM, January 22, 2007) : 

    I hope you guys didn't see me on the dance floor by the end! (especially Paradise City!)

     

    post a comment