Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Friday, December 08, 2006

    Traditionally Poor

    Last night was the second Browns - Steelers game this football season. The first game was a heartbreaker; the Browns were ahead the whole game, and the Steelers took the lead and kept it in the final minute. Last night's game was poor. Poor execution and no discipline. Backup QB Anderson made some decent throws, but the receivers still have to catch them. Northcutt and Edwards dropped too many balls last night. Winslow was good for a fifteen yard personal foul when he nailed James Farrior well away from the action of the play. Farrior nailed him back two plays later, at a legitimate moment.

    The NFL Network is pretty subpar. We kept the sound relatively low because who knew that Bryant Gumble and Chris Collinsworth would be so banal? I found myself longing for the misplaced wit of Dennis Miller. Mr. Bebout and I were angry that the cameramen couldn't follow the ball. When one watches a replay, you want to see where the ball went -- who cares what the QB is doing in the backfield, unless he receives a late hit?

    Besides Mr. Bebout, BMac and BK were both over, and Ray. The highlights of the evening included a decent pizza pie delivered from Zeppe's, the Dortmunder that BMac brought over, Mr. B's Fiery Buffalo and Ranch Doritos, the Nestle Crunch Darks in the candy dish, and the good company in general, despite the complete and utter nonsense on the TV. I know BK isn't much of a football guy, and nothing we saw could hardly be grounds for a conversion.

    In other news, my 15 month run without a proper stove is over. Thank you, craigslist.org! I am now the proud owner of a gently used and very clean GE XL44 gas stove -- complete with a high BTU burner for blackening fish or boiling water, a simmer burner, and all the other usual stove-like features -- like an oven and a broiler! I cannot wait to use them. Perhaps I will make a roast. I have to find my roasting rack. It is in the basement, I am sure. And my pizza stone. I have cookie sheets and other bakeware that I have kept packed away. Pie dishes! It has been too long since I've made my pecan bourbon chocolate chip pie. Mmm and London Broil. I made that once for Ray and Kristen, when I lived over on Eddington. It is good stuff.

    Yeah, maybe I've missed having a stove more than I thought. It has been a long time since I've eaten a DiGiorno Pizza or Tater Tots!

    Comments on "Traditionally Poor"

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:20 AM, December 08, 2006) : 

    Sounds like you just put together your menu for NYE! I can't wait for the London broil and the chocolate pecan bourbon pie thing.

    Bryant Gumble can't possibly be as bad as Brent Musberger. He hates Ohio State, so spends the entire game talking about how badly they are playing, even when they are trouncing the opponent.

     

    Blogger Audient said ... (10:44 AM, December 08, 2006) : 

    I don't think I'll be making London Broil for NYE, but it will be nice to have an oven, nonetheless.

     

    Blogger Brian Kornell said ... (10:56 AM, December 08, 2006) : 

    Hanging out with you guys was fun enough to make up for the game.

     

    Blogger Brian Kornell said ... (10:58 AM, December 08, 2006) : 

    The oven looks brand new. If you hadn't said you got from craigslist I wouldn't have known it was used.

     

    Blogger Kristen said ... (11:10 AM, December 08, 2006) : 

    Speaking of roasts, I haven't seen my roasting pan since your b-day. Can you look around and see if you can find it? It's silver, about 12 x 8 rectangle with metal handles on the side that are not stationary.

     

    Blogger Audient said ... (11:30 AM, December 08, 2006) : 

    Kristen -- I have that pan. I ran across it the other day.

     

    Blogger Betty said ... (11:34 AM, December 08, 2006) : 

    I like pie!

     

    Blogger Kristen said ... (12:21 PM, December 08, 2006) : 

    Awesome!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:23 PM, December 08, 2006) : 

    Oh. No London broil. Bummer.

    Brian watching football. Classic.

     

    Blogger Gina Ventre said ... (1:06 PM, December 08, 2006) : 

    Mmmmm....tater tots. I'd do anything for tater tots.

    Word ver: ooeeenq

     

    Blogger MrsTito said ... (4:29 PM, December 08, 2006) : 

    Anything? I'm assuming that Audient went to the grocery store at lunchtime and I'm willing to place a wager on what you're having for dinner tonight!

     

    post a comment