Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Wednesday, December 20, 2006

    Merry Christmas

    Kristen has her list of apologies, and here is mine -- just one item.

    I am not sending out cards this year.

    I didn't last year either. And then I sent a holiday email to a lot of folks which, in retrospect, I feel was a little trite.

    But no, I am not going to stress about it. And I wish you all a happy one.

    But I don't feel like I need to dump a bunch of cards in the mail this year. I don't feel like deciding whether to compose a holiday letter, and then if I do, what I should state in it.

    Really, I am just trying to take it easy. Been a long year, a good year in many ways, a rough year in others. If you send me a card, I'll be pleased to receive it. But please don't be offended if I do not send you one this year.

    So, unless I change my mind between now and Christmas, no cards from me.

    Comments on "Merry Christmas"

     

    Blogger MrsTito said ... (11:10 AM, December 20, 2006) : 

    Yep, me too. I'm bad at cards, always have been. I recieved two cards this year from people who I haven't spoken to in over 5 years! How in the heck did they get my address, and honestly, why are they sending me a card? I feel bad for about 2 minutes because I didn't even send my best friends cards, but I quickly get over it.

     

    Blogger Kristen said ... (12:20 PM, December 20, 2006) : 

    My birthday invites took it all out of me. I also still need to do my thank yous...damn.

     

    Blogger Brian Kornell said ... (2:41 PM, December 20, 2006) : 

    We're not doing cards this year either.

     

    Blogger Betty said ... (3:10 PM, December 20, 2006) : 

    i was talking with a friend today at lunch and we were making fun of all the people that send their "my family is perfect" letters every year. Who give a shit if Johnny got an A on his art project. Send a damn email then i can just delete it thats much easier! Do i sound a bit cynical? Its been a long year.
    Honestly, one of the best things that has happened this year is you and Crazy Diamond. So to you both Happy Holidays, bottoms up!

     

    Blogger Gina Ventre said ... (3:18 PM, December 20, 2006) : 

    Awwww...

    I always have plans of doing something organized every year but I'm never organized so why do I think I can pull it together in the last weeks of the year? I've never had addresses collected in one place. I have a graveyard of calendars and planners. The only reason I call people is because their #s are in my cell phone already.

     

    Blogger Audient said ... (5:02 PM, December 20, 2006) : 

    No card from the Kornells. I knew they didn't really like me.

    :-0

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:40 AM, December 21, 2006) : 

    I'm not sending them out either. I've considered sending out a Groundhog Day card to everyone. Because by then I may have had enough time to find out where you all live.

     

    Blogger Brian Kornell said ... (11:39 AM, December 21, 2006) : 

    Don't worry, we aren't sending cards to anyone.

     

    post a comment