Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Monday, December 04, 2006

    A Karaoke First For Me

    Ending up at Boo Long after eating deep fried dinner and [not] dancing at the club, I've added a new song to my karaoke repertoire.
     
    Fake Plastic Trees
     
    Her Green plastic watering can
    For her fake Chinese rubber plant
    In the fake plastic earth.
    That she bought from a rubber man
    In a town full of rubber plans.
    to get rid of itself.
    And It Wears Her Out, it wears her out
    It wears her out, it wears her out.

    She lives with a broken man
    A cracked polystyrene man
    Who just crumbles and burns.
    He used to do surgery
    For girls in the eighties
    But gravity always wins.
    And It Wears Him Out, it wears him out
    It wears him out, it wears him out.

    She looks like the real thing
    She tastes like the real thing
    My Fake Plastic Love.
    But I can't help the feeling
    I could blow through the ceiling
    If I just turn and run
    And It Wears Me Out, it wears me out
    It wears me out, it wears me out.

    And if I could BE who you wanted
    If I could BE who you wanted,
    All the time, all the time, ohhh... ohh...
     
    -- Radiohead/Thom Yorke
     
     

    Comments on "A Karaoke First For Me"

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:22 PM, December 04, 2006) : 

    You do the most amazing falsetto, Audient. It brings tears to my eyes. I hope you keep Prince's "Kiss" in your repertoire. That is a personal fave.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:23 PM, December 04, 2006) : 

    Oh, and I'm sorry for yelling at everyone for doing Radiohead.

     

    Blogger Tam said ... (12:32 PM, December 04, 2006) : 

    We all had such a great time! She's trying to say it wasn't as good as last year. WHAT? Last year was fake and crowded. We had basically the whole bar and restaurant to ourselves. Even the Boolongs!

     

    Blogger Brian Kornell said ... (12:38 PM, December 04, 2006) : 

    This year rocked!

    And Anne get used to the Radiohead because I will sing it everytime. Everytime.

     

    Blogger Kristen said ... (12:53 PM, December 04, 2006) : 

    No, I meant in terms of drunkness, last year was more fun but this year was way more awesome as a whole!

     

    Blogger Audient said ... (1:09 PM, December 04, 2006) : 

    Anne, thanks!

    And I wasn't hung over -- I just ended up sleeping in really late.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:16 PM, December 04, 2006) : 

    I know Brian. I know. This is how much I love you guys. I will sit through every rendition of a Radiohead song that is on the list. But I'm going to sing Faithfully. And you're going to like it.

    And, um, I wasn't THERE last year, so it totally couldn't have been as fun as this year.

     

    post a comment