Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Friday, December 01, 2006

    Harrible

    Gina took this test, so I tried it too...

    What American accent do you have?
    Your Result: The Northeast

    Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

    Philadelphia
    The Inland North
    The Midland
    The South
    Boston
    The West
    North Central
    What American accent do you have?
    Take More Quizzes

    Interesting.

    Comments on "Harrible"

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:25 PM, December 01, 2006) : 

    Here is me:
    What American accent do you have?
    Your Result: The Inland North


    You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

     

    Blogger Kristen said ... (3:17 PM, December 01, 2006) : 

    Ok, I've taken this test twice now and come up with the same results. How is it I have a different accent than everyone else who lives near me or grew up in the same areas?

    The West
    Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

     

    Anonymous Evil John said ... (10:22 PM, December 01, 2006) : 

    Nice quiz. I felt it might really show something.

    I scored strongly "Midlands", which makes sense because not only did I grow up in Kansas and Ohio and Indiana and places like that, but I also happen to be the center of the universe.

    (Soon I plan on distributing "You are here" signs that are all relative to me.)

     

    Blogger Mrs. Bebout said ... (11:28 AM, December 04, 2006) : 

    I have a Midland Accent meaning I have no accent. I have a good voice for radio or television.

     

    post a comment