Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Wednesday, December 06, 2006

    As We Relive Our Lives in What We Tell You

    It is almost Christmas, and while we put up the tree, my thoughts are already on to next year.  I look ahead at what is to come, and I am more excited by what awaits in the new year than by the more immediate holiday season. 
     
    I feel as if my life is really only now getting started, that things are only now becoming how they ought to be.  I no longer waste time brooding over whether I could have made better decisions earlier in life, because I don't believe I ever could have gotten where I am, and with whom, if I had done it any other way.
     
    One of my favorite little nuggets of wisdom comes from The Philosophy of Andy Warhol, when he wrote:
     
    "They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself."   
     
    This year I did change some things for myself.  Not the least of which was this: I recognized that I deserved better, and I found it.  I didn't settle for less.  And I have never been so happy. 

    Comments on "As We Relive Our Lives in What We Tell You"

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:44 AM, December 06, 2006) : 

    Good for you and those of us who know and appreciate you.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:57 AM, December 06, 2006) : 

    That's a wonderful sentiment. I agree we should not regret the past because it brings us to where we are now.

    I'm glad to have met you this year! Lucky me!

     

    Blogger Kristen said ... (11:59 AM, December 06, 2006) : 

    I'm so with you Michael!

     

    Blogger Gina Ventre said ... (12:43 PM, December 06, 2006) : 

    Yes, me too.

     

    Anonymous Kathleen said ... (1:26 PM, December 06, 2006) : 

    That Andy Warhol knows what he's talking about! Some of what he said was beautiful and profound while other stuff proved to be the impetus for gettin shot in the stomach by a feminist wacko.

    By the way, I know you're talking about Brian and I. Our mere presence improves the lives of everyone we meet.

     

    Blogger Kristen said ... (2:10 PM, December 06, 2006) : 

    In all honesty I can say that the Kornells were a very big part of making this year not only bearable but into one of the best years of my life. Am I just my underwear, is that all I'm meant to be?

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:21 PM, December 06, 2006) : 

    Well, since Kristen is like Jesus, I have to say, her appearance in my life has been a religious experience.

    Of course, all of y'all have been great. Too bad now I have to crack open your skulls and eat your brains to steal your powers.

     

    Anonymous Kathleen said ... (3:25 PM, December 06, 2006) : 

    All joking aside, I am truly happy for you Michael.

     

    Blogger Brian Kornell said ... (3:52 PM, December 06, 2006) : 

    Backwards and forwards.


    I'm so happy to have met all of you!

     

    Blogger Betty said ... (12:06 PM, December 07, 2006) : 

    "Everything happens for a reason", rings true for you and Gina.
    I am very happy that you found each other.

     

    post a comment