Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Thursday, November 02, 2006

    Call Me St. Audient, the Adopter of Adult Kitties

    This is Kyle. He is six years old and he hails from Philadelphia -- a Pennsylvania boy just like me. A little porker too -- so we have two things in common. He was a little unsettled about moving in with me on Sunday, but with each day he is making himself more and more at home.



    This is Lola. She's four years old and Kyle's companion. She was a little unsettled herself, but more so I think by how upset Kyle was. She likes to pass out downstairs next to the bar. I'll say it so you don't have to: my kinda girl.

    They both love to chase the feather. They both eat dry food, though I understand Kyle will eat just about anything (and I think that he probably has!) They both have their claws, and so far, both have been well behaved and scratch only their scratching posts. And my hand that first day, but that's just about healed by now.

    Gina's friend Susie's coworker Jeremy -- is how we came to meet the new kitties. Gina and I went over to Jeremy's on Sunday. Jeremy cares about them very much, but needed to give them up. We'll make sure they have a good home, and I assured him that if there are any problems, I'll let him know. I know how hard it is to give up a kitty, so I wouldn't want him to wonder if they are ok.

    Say hi to the new kitties...

    Comments on "Call Me St. Audient, the Adopter of Adult Kitties"

     

    Blogger Brian Kornell said ... (2:55 PM, November 02, 2006) : 

    Hello kitties! They are adorable. Are you sure Kyle isn't suffocating some creature in that picture.

     

    Blogger Gina Ventre said ... (2:59 PM, November 02, 2006) : 

    Hi kitties!

    It was sad when Jeremy was waving to them from the front door.

     

    Blogger anne said ... (3:15 PM, November 02, 2006) : 

    Hi kitties! Kyle needs a kittie treadmill. Might I suggest Science Diet Hairball Light (keeps the hairballs at bay, and it's lo-cal for those husky kitties, like mine).

     

    Blogger Audient said ... (3:24 PM, November 02, 2006) : 

    Yeah, Kyle is even bigger than Tank. Thanks for the food recommendation.

    What will be tricky is regulating Kyle's intake without disrupting Lola's intake.

     

    Blogger Audient said ... (3:33 PM, November 02, 2006) : 

    also, I have been playing "feather" with them -- and I play until Kyle wears out.

     

    Blogger Kristen said ... (3:48 PM, November 02, 2006) : 

    No, I'm sorry, but unless you were 10ft away from Kyle when you took that photo, no way is he bigger than Tank.

     

    Blogger Audient said ... (3:52 PM, November 02, 2006) : 

    Depends what you mean by bigger. Tank might be longer/broader -- Kyle I think is heavier.

     

    Anonymous tommy said ... (4:34 PM, November 02, 2006) : 

    kyle is a big cutie! don't go changing him!

     

    Anonymous kat said ... (9:54 AM, November 03, 2006) : 

    Awwwww! Can't wait to meet them! Yay!

     

    Blogger anne said ... (10:28 AM, November 03, 2006) : 

    I had a hard time with the two cat feeding thing when Ella was alive (she was a tiny, skinny, wee thing). One thing you can do is feed Lola separately, like give her wet food in a different room. You could also keep a food bowl in a place where maybe Kyle doesn't like to go (or won't fit hahaha!), but where Lola likes.

     

    Blogger anne said ... (10:29 AM, November 03, 2006) : 

    Yeah, Tank could eat Pommes Frite (sp?).

    Damn Kristen, I don't know how to spell anything in French, why couldn't you have Spanish dog names?

     

    Anonymous bionurse said ... (1:08 PM, November 03, 2006) : 

    Congratulations.....shall we set up a play date with Darwin and Roxi?

     

    Blogger melcarrel said ... (8:35 AM, November 06, 2006) : 

    I knew you wouldn't be catless for long...

    They are beautiful. And Kyle isn't fat, he's fluffy!

     

    Blogger Kate Anne said ... (9:01 AM, November 06, 2006) : 

    Welcome to another black and white cat in the family! (Does Kyle have white boots?) Lola, looks, cute -- a calico? She sorta looks like Kabuki (a toroiseshell)who hated me and flew the coop. I trust you will have better luck.

    I trust that Jeremy can visit? It isn't so bad when you can place kitties where you might visit, or at least KNOW they will be fine.... That said it is still heart wrenching and takes trust.

     

    post a comment