Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Wednesday, November 22, 2006

    The Best Laid Plans

    Because of work, we had to cancel our trip to the city to spend Thanksgiving with my mom.
     
    Happily, she has her friend Joan, and she still has the invite to Hope's -- Hope is a wonderful hostess, and I will miss her and her hospitality this year.
     
    James, I understand, got a last minute plane ticket back to the Buckeye State.
     
    Instead of Thanksgiving in the city, it will be Thanksgiving in Geneva -- with my Dad's wife's family in the afternoon.  While it was not the plan, it is a fine alternative.  Bunny and Jim are fun. 
     
    And in a fine moment of serendipity, I ran into cousin Pat this morning at Starbucks at Cedar-Fairmount.  He was surprised to see me, as he thought I'd be on my way to the city by now.  But now Gina and I will be joining Pat and Beth for "Tom & Jerry"s Thanksgiving evening at their home in Shaker Heights.   Aunt Betty will be there too.
     
    What is a Tom & Jerry?  It is a hot drink with whipped egg, rum and brandy, a little nutmeg. 
     
    I am sorry I'll be missing my mom.  And I am a little bummed that Gina and I won't be travelling to the city this holiday.  I was looking forward to Kristen tagging along for the ride.  Well, another time.  The city isn't going anywhere.

    Comments on "The Best Laid Plans"

     

    Blogger Brent2112 said ... (6:29 PM, November 26, 2006) : 

    Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and i hope you had a great one. I cant wait for the next Rush tour. I was in DC for thanksgiving and I stayed for the Maryland football game.

     

    Blogger Kate Anne said ... (5:38 PM, November 29, 2006) : 

    So did you get to Pat's for the Fran & Jerry's??

    I see you forgot the hot water, but maybe cousin Pat did, too.

    Hugs!!

     

    post a comment