Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Monday, October 30, 2006

    Weekend Fun

    1. Melt Bar & Grilled in Lakewood has not only a fine selection of grilled cheese sandwiches, but also a fine selection of beers, including Dogfishhead 60 Minute IPA on tap. Brian had his first Stone Arrogant Bastard. I had the grilled cheese with bacon, egg and sundried tomato pesto. De-lish. The lavender mojito, while good, was no better than an ordinary mojito -- I have come to the conclusion that efforts to improve the mojito are largely wasted, as a well made mojito requires no improvement.

    2. Meeting up at Anne's for going to a Haunted House turned into the destination itself when the weather turned so wet and nasty. We watched Rocky Horror Picture Show and then Saw. Watching Saw after Rocky Horror led to much talking back at the screen during Saw, which I think enhanced the experience. I thought it was a good flick, though. No one threw toast or potstickers at the TV.

    3. Gina and I tried having breakfast at that diner over on Lee by Zagara's. We ended up walking out. I do not think it is too much to ask that within 7 or 8 minutes of being seated in a diner that you be offered coffee or water or something. In the meantime, the couple seated after us got their order taken and everything. And after one more minute went by, we got up and left -- and discovered the joy that is the breakfast panini over at Phoenix Coffeehouse.

    4. I seem to have adopted two adult kitties that needed a new home. Kyle and Lola are still rather unsettled, so we'll see how this works out.

    5. The Browns won, at home. And looked halfway decent doing it, even if they got very conservative in the playcalling at the end. I thought it was too conservative, but hey, scoreboard. They won. And if anyone had said two months ago that 8 weeks into the season the Browns and the Steelers would be tied, I would have thought they were crazy, and then asked, what on earth do you think will happen to the Steelers -- which leads me to the question, what on earth has happened to the Steelers? If they can't beat Oakland when even we can, I'll tell you, I am looking forward to the Steelers matchup in two weeks. From Super Bowl to Toilet Bowl.

    Comments on "Weekend Fun"

     

    Blogger anne said ... (11:15 AM, October 30, 2006) : 

    A grilled cheese sandwich restaurant?? It must be heaven.

    I thought yelling at the TV during Saw was entertaining as well. It made the movie not scary at all, though maybe that was due to the massive amounts of beer I drank, which made everything funny.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 AM, October 30, 2006) : 

    J-E-T-S...JETS!

    Woo hoo! Sitting in a bar on the upper east side with browns fans and JETS fans...a hell of a lot of fun!

     

    Blogger Kristen said ... (12:11 PM, October 30, 2006) : 

    I totally agree with your Mojito improvement thoughts.

     

    Blogger Brian Kornell said ... (12:26 PM, October 30, 2006) : 

    The pesto was outstanding. I enjoyed both of those beers. A return trip to Melt is necessary.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:16 PM, October 30, 2006) : 

    I do not understand why the comments have turned into mojitos. This is about the BROWNS beating the JETS! Come on!!!!!

     

    Blogger Gina Ventre said ... (2:55 PM, October 30, 2006) : 

    Mojito - rum, mint, lime, simple syrup (depending on how sweet you like it), and splash of soda.

    No lavender seed pods floating around in the mojito.

    Mojito mojito.

     

    Blogger Brent2112 said ... (7:44 PM, October 30, 2006) : 

    What a grilled Cheese Restaurant thats sounds good but does it do good business !!! Just wondering

    I would like an Egg on mine but that would be a Breakfast Sandwich if you added meat ?

     

    Blogger melcarrel said ... (9:47 PM, October 30, 2006) : 

    I just can't picture grilled cheese with a mojito. But I won't knock it until I try it.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:27 PM, October 31, 2006) : 

    glad you finally made it to melt- it's a great place!

     

    Blogger Audient said ... (11:01 AM, November 01, 2006) : 

    "Finally" -- haha, the place has been open about 6 weeks! Granted, if my new apt was right by there, I'd be there a lot more often. Hope the new place is working out.

     

    post a comment