Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Tuesday, October 10, 2006

    Topping Out, Part Two

    The article also says:

    A statement on the sale says Tops "will be finalizing additional agreements by the end of the year."

    Giant Eagle is picking up 18 of the 46 area Tops store. That leaves up to 28 to be sold to... whom?

    I'd love to see another grocer make a play for this region. I like Heinen's, and I have warmed up to Giant Eagle after loathing them for years. But I am not a loyal shopper. Bring in another player and let the sales begin!

    Comments on "Topping Out, Part Two"

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:48 PM, October 10, 2006) : 

    we should by them!!!

    they could be called "Aud-Knob Grocery and Surplus"

    whadayathink??

     

    Blogger Audient said ... (8:53 PM, October 10, 2006) : 

    No stoopid plastic card at Aud-Knob's!

     

    Blogger melcarrel said ... (10:31 PM, October 10, 2006) : 

    How about a Wegman's? Those are nice, at least the ones in Rochester, NY are anyway.

     

    Blogger melcarrel said ... (10:32 PM, October 10, 2006) : 

    or a Kroger's back in this area. I like Kroger's too.

     

    Blogger melcarrel said ... (11:04 PM, October 10, 2006) : 

    I don't know if the name "Aud-Knob" would attract too many women, but maybe I'm just being too old fashioned in thought....

     

    Blogger Audient said ... (6:42 AM, October 11, 2006) : 

    I love Wegman's. Especially the one in Jamestown, NY -- though it has been years since I have shopped there.

     

    Blogger Mr. Bebout said ... (8:30 AM, October 11, 2006) : 

    Instead of a card you could just do a quick DNA test. you could have Muary Povich be your spokesman.

     

    Blogger Kristen said ... (8:49 AM, October 11, 2006) : 

    This makes me think of those "pay with your finger" things at Zagaras. I myself am too creeped out by this new fangled technology. My heart thinking it is too frightening to have my fingerprints paying for things is warring with my head which is lazy and likes the idea of leaving the wallet at home. I think I may know how my parents felt the first time they saw a cd...

    And Mel, why did you have to mention Wegmans? Now all I will be able to think about is how Wegmans should move to Cleveland and I will be at the grocery tore every flipping day.

     

    Blogger Brian Kornell said ... (9:11 AM, October 11, 2006) : 

    I would love for piggly wiggly to move up here. I'd shop there just to say the name.

     

    Blogger Gina Ventre said ... (9:16 AM, October 11, 2006) : 

    A&P

    Good story by John Updike, too.

     

    Blogger Audient said ... (9:55 AM, October 11, 2006) : 

    I obviously haven't been to Zagara's in awhile, because I have no idea what Kristen is talking about!

     

    Blogger Kristen said ... (9:56 AM, October 11, 2006) : 

    Well the catch phrase alone "Pay With Your Finger" is worth a trip.

     

    Blogger Mr. Bebout said ... (10:50 AM, October 11, 2006) : 

    It makes me think they would trade food stuffs for a slice of your finger and then I get scared. Paired with the cheap bags they now have and I will stay away.

    I think what we need is some Harris Tweeders or perhaps the secrete would be the return of the Super Duper

     

    Blogger Brian Kornell said ... (12:00 PM, October 11, 2006) : 

    A stop at Zagara's in needed. I'll wander around asking people if I can pay with my finger and then chop it off in front of them.

     

    Blogger Audient said ... (12:04 PM, October 11, 2006) : 

    For years I have used my finger at the customer service dept. Also in the store parking lot, if I get cut off.

     

    Blogger anne said ... (10:45 AM, October 13, 2006) : 

    Harris Teeter! I love those in NC. My sister goes to one that she calls the "Taj Ma-Teeter". It's that good.

     

    Blogger anne said ... (10:47 AM, October 13, 2006) : 

    I hate when one conglomerate takes over an area and you are left with no choices. Bring in new groceries, and let them fight to the death.

     

    post a comment