Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Thursday, October 26, 2006

    Them Buicks

    I have long complained about Buicks and the people who drive them.  Most Buicks have a soft and squishy ride, and people drive them in a soft and squishy manner -- and cause a lot of traffic jams while doing so.
     
    Buick has come out with two new models.  The LaCrosse, which replaces the Regal and Century, and the Lucerne, which replaces the LeSabre and Park Avenue.  The LaCrosse, and the Lucerne in particular, are powerful cars.  The top of the line Lucerne comes with 4.6 liter 8-cyl engine.  Now, my first question is, what are the bluehairs going to do with all of that power?  And secondly, maybe these cars will actually be driven -- as opposed to sailed down our nation's highways.
     
    Buick is really pushing the Lucerne lately, and there's been a lot of advertisement for it on AM radio.  I'm starting to see them more and more on the road.  So far, the people that drive them seem to be driving them.  I have not found myself stuck behind a Lucerne ...yet.
     
    But it will only be a matter of time that oldsters start trading in their LeSabres and Park Avenues for Lucernes.  And all of those gloriously huge engines will probably go grossly under-utilized.
     
    ...developing...

    Comments on "Them Buicks"

     

    Blogger anne said ... (1:22 PM, October 26, 2006) : 

    I saw a LaCrosse the other day, and was admiring the design when I realized that there was a blue-hair driving it. I wasn't quick enough to grab my cell phone for a pic, but I thought about it.

     

    Blogger MrsTito said ... (2:05 PM, October 26, 2006) : 

    My MIL has a LaCrosse. It's actually kind of nice, but still way too big for me. I only upgraded to a sedan because I had a baby.

     

    Blogger melcarrel said ... (3:16 PM, October 26, 2006) : 

    I'm disappointed that Buicks have such a bad rep for blue hair drivers. They are usually nice cars with good specs. Someone needs to break that stereotype. Kinda like in "Get Shorty", where Chili Palmer drives "the cadillac of mini-vans" and suddenly everyone wants one.

     

    Blogger Audient said ... (3:18 PM, October 26, 2006) : 

    maybe that new blond james bond could tool around in a lucerne, huh?

     

    Blogger melcarrel said ... (9:14 PM, October 26, 2006) : 

    I don't like James Bond though, so it wouldn't work on me.

     

    post a comment