Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Wednesday, October 11, 2006

    The Swedish Solution

    I continue to deliberate on the issue of replacing my tires.  Both of my cars have these wonderful, miserable, V-rated tires.  If I really drove at speeds approaching 150mph, that might make sense.  And if the cars are designed to have such tires, then replacing them with like kind makes sense.  I love the way the cars handle, and the "winter car" does handle wonderfully in the snow with these tires. 
     
    Also, to anyone who has seen my driveway, I MUST have good tires, or I will be stuck at the bottom of the hill.
     
    The Beebs have provided some good information (thanks!), and I've done some research.  I tend to think I could get away with an H-rated tire -- spend less, get more.  But if it sacrifices the handling of the car, it isn't worth the money saved.  
     
    Finally, the thing I don't like about the original tires is that they don't last.  Only about 30,000 miles!
     
    Then I remembered... The Swedish Solution
     
    I do live in the Heights, after all.  And where else but the Heights would you find a repair shop that specializes and limits iteself to Volvo, Saab (and VW - not Swedish, but still.)  Surely they'd have some insight.  And I called them up, had a lengthy and detailed conversation with them.  We went over all of my concerns, the pros and cons, and I've made an appointment to put on some H-rated tires (as Sharon did on her Saab) -- but I am going with the Bridgestone LST.  He has had a lot of success with them, he said, and they come with road hazard and are rated for 50,000 miles, they are good in the snow, and they cost somewhat less than the original Michelin MXV4 Plus tires -- and will last considerably longer.  We discussed some Goodyears too, but I think the Bridgestone is what I'll go with.
     
    Time will tell if I got sold or not.  But I made clear up front that I have two Swedish cars and live in the neighborhood, and I don't think they'd do me wrong if only because they'd ruin any hope for future business from me.  It is still a little more than I wanted to pay, but I feel like I'm making a good choice, buying value and not just the cheapest price I can find.

    Comments on "The Swedish Solution"

     

    Blogger Mr. Bebout said ... (12:04 PM, October 11, 2006) : 

    I hate to burst you bubble but they are no longer specific to those three auto makers as I have been informed. I took my Saab car there exclusivly as has the Mrs and we found the service to be great. And I never had the feeling that I was being screwed that I have gotten time and again with repair shops expecially with my current truck. Happy motoring.

     

    Blogger Kristen said ... (2:13 PM, October 11, 2006) : 

    Tires are one of those things I think we replace every 2-3 years and yet whenever I am told we need new ones, it feels like we just bought the last set and I groan internally at the cost.

    The Beebs helped us with our tires first one and then a few weeks later the other three and now I know that I have a winter ahead of me with no complaints and concerns that we should have taken care of the tires. The brakes are another story...

     

    post a comment