Be sure to visit the official website of The Law Office of Michael Dylan Brennan, LLC

  • Take me there NOW
  • LEGAL: All Original Material (c)2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Michael Dylan Brennan and The Audient Files, with no claim to any original works borrowed pursuant to and consistent with the Fair Use Doctrine, 17 U.S.C. 107.

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Friday, September 08, 2006

    Duty Calls

    I am skipping the home opener to the Browns.  I have given away my tix to someone who will appreciate them. 
     
    I am bummed to miss the home opener, but there is a bright side:
     
    Lee Greenwood is singing the national anthem.
     
    Anthem + Country Twang = AAAAUUUUUURRRRGGGGGHHHHH
     
    And to make it worse, Lee Greenwood is none other than the fiend responsible for that especially insipid ditty, "God Bless the U.S.A." 
     
    I love my country, but whenever I hear that song, I want to gnaw my leg off and poke out my eardrums with knitting needles.

    Comments on "Duty Calls"

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:58 PM, September 10, 2006) : 

    you didn't miss much.

     

    Anonymous sam said ... (7:51 PM, September 10, 2006) : 

    i totally agree with you, that song is atrocious.

     

    Blogger Mrs. Bebout said ... (9:20 AM, September 11, 2006) : 

    Well I don't know about the rest of you but "I am proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free". (sarcasm to the tune of God Bless the U.S.A.)

     

    post a comment